Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Any interest in this? Apps for individual photographers

I realize that a few posts down from this there is a thread called "I'm sick of smartphones" But thought I'd throw this out there since this is an idea I've been kicking around in my head recently.

I'm thinking of making a set of apps (probably starting with iPhone and iPad to gauge interest then expanding to the other big players). Each photographer would get their own app. So in my case the app could be called "Eric Busch Photography" and be downloaded from the App Store. Then I'd have web tools (and maybe a Mac app or something) to upload and manage these photos. There could be public ones as well as a code-protected section for clients. So if I shot a wedding I could tell them "Download my app and put in code 9427B and you will see your photos'" I think this would be really cool for the clients, and actually could be pretty cool for the photographers as well. The app would also include links to hire the photographer, buy their artwork, etc.

I was thinking I'd charge like $500 to set it up and do the first year of hosting, then $50 for hosting and maintenance each year after, but if I did this I'd probably sell it to Pentaxians (At least if they're on this forum) for $250 instead of $500.

I would probably make it for myself first, then if others were interested, I could include them in some beta testing and run throughs to get thoughts and help.

Anyway, would anyone think this would be cool? Is there a market for it?

I feel like there could be, considering how many photographers are out there. Probably at least 20 in my town, and it's not a big town, really.

Thanks all!

11-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
App Maker - Make an app with Conduit Mobile | Conduit Mobile
11-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So if I'm understanding correct that has a one time fee of $1299 or $29/mo? Does it have the ability to do the direct-to-client thing like I was talking about?
Closed Thread