Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
The war in Afghanistan I understand, but don't agree with. Afghanistan is the Al Qaeda base. The war in Iraq, I simply don't understand, other than as a personal agenda; Bush to finish what Daddy started and Cheney to further the interests of his oil buddies.
The odd thing is that Cheney was one of the key figures that convinced Daddy Bush to pull up 100 miles short of Baghdad, but 10 years later he was the one the rattled the sabre the loudest.

11-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Americans not caring about the rest of the world is not unusual. I don't understand though why you aren't livid that he tricked your country into a war in Iraq that cost the lives of thousands of American soldiers.
While fully supporting the war on terrorism, I was never duped into believing the WOMD line. G.W. just wanted to kick Saddam's butt because of daddy Bush. Do not for a second however, believe that I don't support our troops, whether it be in Afghanistan, Iraq or any other place on the planet.
11-22-2012, 05:14 PM - 1 Like   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
While I don't much like Dubya, this would be a very dumb mistake. In fact, its this attitude that I am all for the U.S.A. pulling its funding from the UN and use it to pay down the deficit.

Why? The man is a war criminal, just like Blair, and they should both stand trial for the laws they have broken. Blair can't go to some countries either for fear of being arrested. I believe that my own country should arrest him and put him on trial. At the very least it would be an example that no one is above the law. Yeah I know, I'm dreaming on that one...
11-22-2012, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wildweasel Quote
Why? The man is a war criminal, just like Blair, and they should both stand trial for the laws they have broken. Blair can't go to some countries either for fear of being arrested. I believe that my own country should arrest him and put him on trial. At the very least it would be an example that no one is above the law. Yeah I know, I'm dreaming on that one...
I agree completely. I don't know who else in the UK needs to stand trial, but Cheney and Rumsfeld definitely deserve to be brought to justice.

11-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
While fully supporting the war on terrorism, I was never duped into believing the WOMD line. G.W. just wanted to kick Saddam's butt because of daddy Bush. Do not for a second however, believe that I don't support our troops, whether it be in Afghanistan, Iraq or any other place on the planet.
Yet you don't care that your government killed thousands of them illegally and without justification. Some support.
11-23-2012, 03:12 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Yet you don't care that your government killed thousands of them illegally and without justification. Some support.
Stop being ridiculous and trying to bait me.
11-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Bush Has Given the Saudis a Free Pass - Slate Magazine

Also if one happens to believe the 9/11 report; then most of the highjackers came from Saudi Arabia. Also, Bush personaly met with numerous Saudi Arabia leaders in Washington jest days after 9/11, watching from the White House balcony as the Pentagon still burned. Then there was the lamost literal no-fly rule later on the day on 9/11. Did anyone hapen to notice the two commerical charter jets that were allowed to leave america only to take over two hundred Saudi's back to their country??

And even though Saudi Arabia had more to do with 9/11 than Iraq ever did; america basically goes to war with Iraq and then occupies it indefinately. Let me state that one again; Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

There's also the Saudi Arabia direct connection to BinLaden; often ignored by choice by the american government. Because after all, that's Bin Ladens family that also funneled money to him while he was alive.

r
While I was never a fan of G.W. to begin with or his policies, I'll refute stuff when I see it about 9-11 rumors. Fact is, that idea to get Saudi royals out of the country wasn't Bush's it was Richard Clarks. They didn't fly out on the no fly ban.. they flew out after flights were allowed.

Clarke wasn't much of a fan of the Bush admin during his tenure there as terrorist cazar and even less after 9-11. Read his book. He has nothing to hide about his role there. Rice, Cheney and Bush? Probably since none of them had to testify under oath and had to have the questions in advance for Rice in her appearance before the 9-11 investigation court.

11-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The odd thing is that Cheney was one of the key figures that convinced Daddy Bush to pull up 100 miles short of Baghdad, but 10 years later he was the one the rattled the sabre the loudest.
Although my suspicions are that deep down inside Cheney has always been pure evil, I am absolutely positive that all the medications that he has been on for a great deal of his life have turned his brain into mush. He is a miracle of modern medicine in a bad way IMHO. No joke. I just imagine an old uncle propped up the same way. Not the kind of person I would trust to even back my car out of the driveway, let alone carry a shotgun.

The big difference between the first Gulf War and what GWB started were the premises of defending a sovereign nation against invasion and (some aspects of) the Bush Doctrine. I think that the main rationale for the GWB's occupation of Iraq was 9/11, even though most of (if not all) of his rationale was proven false.

From wikipedia: (The wiki-haters can continue to hate, I suppose.)

The phrase "Bush Doctrine" was rarely used by members of the Bush administration. The expression was used at least once, though, by Vice President Dick Cheney, in a June 2003 speech in which he said, "If there is anyone in the world today who doubts the seriousness of the Bush Doctrine, I would urge that person to consider the fate of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and of Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq."
11-24-2012, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
I think that the main rationale for the GWB's occupation of Iraq was 9/11, even though most of (if not all) of his rationale was proven false.
Some Americans were taken in by the propaganda, no one else.The whole world knew the Iraqis had nothing to do with 9/11 and so did many Americans who were paying attention.
11-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Some Americans were taken in by the propaganda, no one else.The whole world knew the Iraqis had nothing to do with 9/11 and so did many Americans who were paying attention.
Yeah, there was also all that irrefutable evidence of WMD's. Note how realistic this reasonable facsimile looks. It scared the pants off a lot of people both here and abroad.

Actually after studying the reasonable facsimile, I believe that it shows a mobile winery. I guess that I am lucky that the Bush regime has at least temporarily ceased. They may have eventually decided to invade Northern California.
Attached Images

Last edited by lammie200; 11-24-2012 at 11:13 AM.
11-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
REALLY ironic isn't it.........................

QuoteQuote:
"It was important," said former President George H.W. Bush, who presided over the international coalition that restored Kuwait's government to power. "It showed you cannot take over another country with impunity."
First Gulf War showed U.S. is dependable, George H.W. Bush says - Houston Chronicle
I'd like to see a quote about Cheney "stopping short of Baghdad"
Papa Bush had him under a medium leash AFAIKT.. Baby bush allowed the dog of war out.......................
QuoteQuote:
While Bush's decision to conclude the war without removing Saddam Hussein from power would become controversial, his advisors would recall that the president was insistent that the war should not exceed the authorization of the Security Council. Interviewed in 2007, when the U.S. had been fighting in Iraq for more than four years in a war initiated by Bush's son, President George W. Bush, Colin Powell remarked, "In recent months, nobody's been asking me about why we didn't go to Baghdad. Pretty good idea now why Baghdad should always be looked at with some reservations."
Cheney his thoughts or H.W's.. ????
http://www.seattlepi.com/national/article/Cheney-changed-his-view-on-Iraq-1155325.php

Odd..............

QuoteQuote:
But in his 1992 remarks in Seattle, Cheney foreshadowed a future in Iraq that is remarkably close to conditions found there today, suggesting that it would be difficult to bring the country's various political factions together and that U.S. troops would be vulnerable to insurrection and guerrilla attacks.

"Now what kind of government are you going to establish? Is it going to be a Kurdish government, or a Shi'ia government, or a Sunni government, or maybe a government based on the old Baathist Party, or some mixture thereof? You will have, I think by that time, lost the support of the Arab coalition that was so crucial to our operations over there," he said.

The end result, Cheney said in 1992, would be a messy, dangerous situation requiring a long-term presence by U.S. forces.

"I would guess if we had gone in there, I would still have forces in Baghdad today, we'd be running the country. We would not have been able to get everybody out and bring everybody home," Cheney said, 18 months after the war ended.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/national/article/Cheney-changed-his-view-on-Iraq-11...#ixzz2DAAijqgm

Last edited by jeffkrol; 11-24-2012 at 10:42 AM.
11-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
REALLY ironic isn't it.........................
I think that there is a video of about the same time with Cheney saying the exact same things. I am not going to bother to find it and post though. Also, don't forget that GWB campaigned in 2000 saying that the USA should not be "Nation-builders."
11-24-2012, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #43
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
GWB campaigned in 2000 saying that the USA should not be "Nation-builders."
Well, he didn't say anything about not destroying them, he just said we shouldn't build them. He was 2 for 2 on that when he left office.
11-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Well, he didn't say anything about not destroying them, he just said we shouldn't build them. He was 2 for 2 on that when he left office.
Right you are. Mission(s) accomplished!
11-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #45
Banned

Mission accomplished; america went to war with the wrong country twice. america can be sold on the idea of anything and it's citizens forced into sacrificing themselves for nothing