Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Compromise

Liberal definition of “compromise”

Liberal: Please give me $10,000.
You: no.
Liberal: Oh come on, you can afford it. Give me $10,000.
You: No chance!
Liberal: It’s your duty to give me $10,000.
You: No it isn’t.
Liberal: I need it more than you. Besides, you’d just waste it. I can put it to better use.
You: Go pound sand.
Liberal: Ok, Ok, I’m willing to compromise. You only have to give $5,000.
You: Wait, what? I said no! Where the hell do you get the idea that you are entitled to my hard earned money?
Liberal: Why are you being unreasonable?

Or:

Liberal to Conservative: Let's compromise on this.

Conservative: OK Between you being at 5 and me at 1 let's meet in the middle.

Liberal: OK. 4.99

Conservative: 4.99? How is that in the middle?

Liberal: It is. I've given you a full .01. That's a big compromise.

Conservative: No. That's you giving crumbs. 2.5 is in the middle.

Liberal: You're just being an obstructionist. You are unreasonable to work with and have no value of a compromise.

11-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Democrat Definition of ‘Compromise’ Revealed

The Leftist Democrats have been whining (as they always do) for weeks now for “compromise, compromise, compromise” on the looming debt and credit rating situation.
I love it when Democrats reveal, even in small slip-ups, what they really mean. Senator Harry Reid obliged today, so we now bring that to you for your education and edification.
The next time you hear a liberal clamoring for “compromise,” think of what the Senate Majority Leader said today and remember it well:
“Obvious what is being done in the House is not compromise. It is being jammed through with all kinds of non-transparent dealings, people shuffling in and out of the Republican Leader’s office. We’re recognizing that the only compromise that there is, is mine.”
In other words, “compromise” still means to Leftists the same thing it’s always meant: shut up and do it my way.
Conservatives, remember this the next time you’re tempted to abandon what is right because the Left is calling for you to “be reasonable” and “compromise.
11-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
However outside, it looks like the Republican compromise is: no taxes. We may be willing to talk about where to cut spending. And this to what looks like Democrats abandoning their positions to volunteer spending cuts. So it seems to most Americans that what you are actually describing is the Republican idea of compromise. Even former Republican ideas are now unacceptable, if proposed by a Democrat.
Closed Thread