Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
In the words of the character Simon Bishop in "As Good as it Gets," Melvin Udall (Character) - Quotes, it was not a subtle point.

11-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Actions still speak louder than words. How large of a check did Buffet and Obama stroke to the IRS?

Zip?

They are full of worthless dung.
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
LOL, Tom, OK so I assume. However what other assumption should one make based on this original post?
Taking his post literally, he infers that Buffet and Obama paid nothing. I can't speak for Buffet but Obama's tax payment is a matter of public record. For all we know graphicgr8s paid zip. As for his statement of them being full of worthless dung, I would suggest he change his adjective, since neither man could be considered worthless, whether they are liked or not. I'd love to be as worthless as Buffet!
11-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Taking his post literally, he infers that Buffet and Obama paid nothing. I can't speak for Buffet but Obama's tax payment is a matter of public record. For all we know graphicgr8s paid zip. As for his statement of them being full of worthless dung, I would suggest he change his adjective, since neither man could be considered worthless, whether they are liked or not. I'd love to be as worthless as Buffet!
I'd settle for being as worthless as Obama...
11-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
BTW, how do conservatives explain Buffet? The man ought to be a rabid small-government, free market Republican conservative after all: He is richer than Croesus, older than the hills (when young you may be liberal, but when you get older you get wiser...), and the foremost investor/capitalist of our era.

Maybe, just maybe, the true test of success is being pragmatic and seeing the world for what it actually is.

11-29-2012, 06:52 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Back to another thread, I think it has more to do with where the term "conservative" has gone. In the '70s, Buffet would have been a conservative (as was I).