Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
Veteran Member

sorry guys, ive been moving house..

well, hello everyone, just thought i would say hello to everyone and an apology for my recent absence on the forums...
last week i moved into my new house and ive been flat out with all of that.. i dont have the internet yet, so im using my mates computer at the moment, hehe..
i wont be online again for a few more weeks, as im waiting for the net to get connected.. but dont worry ive been taking lots and lots of shots and i have lots of pics to show you all.
take care everyone and i will speak to you all very soon

from kev aka DEE-VEE

02-12-2008, 03:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All the best with settling into your new home Kev.

Paul
02-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #3
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, there you are! I was wondering where you could be as I didn't see an entry from you in this weekly challenge, https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games/20344-weekly-challe...buildings.html , which has 'you' written all over it!

Oh, and how whoood of me! Congrats and good luck in the new home!

Last edited by m8o; 02-12-2008 at 08:38 AM.
02-12-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Ah, there you are! I was wondering where you could be as I didn't see an entry from you in this weekly challenge, https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games/20344-weekly-challe...buildings.html , which has 'you' written all over it!

Oh, and how whoood of me! Congrats and good luck in the new home!
eeeek. street photography!!!!!!! well, i will certainly enter that for sure!! i think most of you know what my favourite style of photography is

02-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Good luck with your move. I look forward to seeing your shots (as always) when you get up and running again.
02-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Congrats on the move! Looking forward to more of your photo work!
02-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks alot guys.. the house is fantastic.. i shall post up some pics of it soon enough...
ive been so busy the last few weeks tho... so so so busy.. paperwork, organising and messing around with crap i couldnt be bothered about.lol. but yeh,..i should have the net this weekend, so i can share all my photos i have been taking lately... ive been experimenting with my under water camera case also ...... its pretty fun and the results are pretty awesome.. im hoping any surfers and snorklers/divers/lovers of the ocean would really enjoy the images ive been taking..
also, ive been mad busy getting my car ready for an up and coming car festival/show/track event.. added quite a few upgrades to the engine and also upgraded to a much better braking system than what i was originally running with.... so now it stops as hard as it launches.. hehe. i will get a whole heap of nice shots from that weekend aswell... stay tuned
some of you may also recall that i started selling photos at a local market on the weekends.. well i have done a few stalls now and its proving to be quite a nice little earner and its certainly a confidence booster for me.. knowing that people do actually appreciate my work and are equally willing to pay money for them... last weekend i sold 32 framed pictures so i was stoked with that, and i have also taken 3 orders for a enlargements of some sunset pictures and one street photo from melbourne (southbank)...
i applyed for a job at a local newspaper and they said that my work was too ' proffesional' and that they are looking for a more casual point and shoot photographer that can capture the mood more effectively.. i thought that was a bit strange, but figure its their loss and theres something out there that is better suited for me... so ill keep plodding along with this shit kik day job until i can find a job that can kik start my proffesional career in photography/art...

Last edited by distorted_vision; 02-13-2008 at 05:20 PM.
02-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #8
Veteran Member

congrats Kev ! Good to see your passion is paying dividends ! Best of luck with the move and the side 'bidness