Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I just got off the phone with B&H and next week, we're going to try to convince the buyer that some bigger Pentax deals need to happen on a regular basis (i.e. a weekly lens deal).

They're really impressed by how much Pentax stuff got sold on Black Friday, and are well aware of the fact that lenses aren't selling with at MAP, but apparently the latter wasn't enough to convince Pentax Japan to allow the US online UPP restrictions to go away.

Expect an update on this later on In the mean time, there will be some nice deals on other stuff in the coming days, so stay tuned. Unfortunately I can't share the specifics.
Excellent. Someone somewhere in Japan needs to take Economics 101 and how to fight your way out of the cellar. You can't strong-arm the market when your market share is <4%, just doesn't work. B&H gets it. Thanks for all the hard work on this issue.