Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks to Adam for BF and CM Deals!

Now that this crazy weekend of sales is coming to a close, I want to thank Adam for what he has done here this season with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.

I commented on another thread a couple days ago saying I doubt that Adam got much rest from Friday midnight until Monday night being he has been so active here making sure we all knew about all the great deals. I also commented on how great it was that B&H and Adorama played along so nicely. His return comment said that Pentax themselves had a lot to do with all this lifting the UPP for this event.

While yes, there were other parties involved with the seemly endless deals for 4 full days, non of it would have happened at PF without a conductor of sorts - the maestro that coordinated the manufacturer and vendors to be able to put the weekend deals in front of us - and what awesome deals they certainly were!

Thank you Adam!

11-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hooray for Adam!

Now get us more deals ._.
11-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hip hip hooray And though you protest that you did, in fact, get sleep - you worked darned hard to make this happen, and your community thanks you!
11-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another "Thank You" to Adam, the buyers at B&H and Adorama, and to the faceless ones at Pentax USA for dropping MAP, even for a moment.

11-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Ditto.
11-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You're welcome guys! Hope Pentax learns that they need to offer these deals full-time

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You're welcome guys! Hope Pentax learns that they need to offer these deals full-time
Or at least quarterly.
11-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I had pretty much written off a `16-50 or 50-135mm.

11-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Yep, it saved us all a lot of time. I got to spend the beautiful Black Friday on my Harley rather than in front of a computer screen. Thanks Adam!
11-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Speaking of deals, the K-01 is down to $316 for good at B&H- just confirmed it with them!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks for sure, but now I am broke.
11-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I just got off the phone with B&H and next week, we're going to try to convince the buyer that some bigger Pentax deals need to happen on a regular basis (i.e. a weekly lens deal).

They're really impressed by how much Pentax stuff got sold on Black Friday, and are well aware of the fact that lenses aren't selling with at MAP, but apparently the latter wasn't enough to convince Pentax Japan to allow the US online UPP restrictions to go away.

Expect an update on this later on In the mean time, there will be some nice deals on other stuff in the coming days, so stay tuned. Unfortunately I can't share the specifics.

Adam

11-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's good to hear that B&H was impressed.

Even once a month special would be nice - better than what we've had since April 1.

I know that the numbers are top secret, but it would be so neat to see how many Pentax lenses were sold over the 4 day period last weekend.
11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Ya, Thanks Adam for making my wallet thinner. For me this is the first Pentax purchase in the last.... i think 8 months.

We need some accessories deal as well.
11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
thanks Adam for your tireless efforts to score some deals and let us know about them. I have a DA*55 on order from B&H as a result of your handiwork. My wife is not as thankful.