Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
So Obama is supposed to spend money to benefit your business? The job of the government is to inspire investor confidence? I always thought that was the job of the person seeking the investment. You make it sound like his job is to be a snake oil salesman. ( So now I see why you might prefer someone like baby Bush.)

Just the thought that the government would spend money to benefit my business is repugnant to me. I don't need them. All I want is a regulated playing field that allows me to compete on equal footing with the big boys. If the government spent money to inspire confidence in my business, personally I'd find that embarrassing.
Norm . that is not what I said at all.
Investor confidence is important to the country's economy as a whole. It benefits all businesses from the big guys down to me.Obama's spending is one of the reasons confidence is down.
With regard to your point however a handful of well to do politically connected boat owners in my state did recieve federal stimulus money to put new engines in their "commercial" boats.This did help out a couple of politically connected engine dealers / installers.
There was a similar program in Maine , maybe the funds were allotted differently there.
http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/display_exclusive.html?id=8032

11-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't follow Jamie foxx but at least I recognize that he is a comedian, and this clip reminds me of Kathy Griffin's, "Suck it, Jesus..." Which at least to me was one hilarious bit. I've been to enough stand up comedy clubs to know to leave my Puritan beliefs at the door. This is entertainment, silly.
11-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
I do blame Obama for the financial woes of many small businesses and the country in general. He spends money as effectively as a drunk sailor in a strip club.
He has been unable to inspire investor confidence. In part due to the vagueness Dodd Franks banks refuse to lend to the people who really need it to build their businesses. All the government jobs he created to look better on paper actually cost the people / country money.
Obamacare we'll see how it works out but right now there are as many valid arguements against as there are for.
You try to assert that Obama was directly resonsible for taking down Bin Laden but the fact is he simply gave the OK and took credit for the work of others. Personally I would rather have seen Osama taken into custody. The world a safer place? Obama and Hilly supported Arab Spring. He ordered air strike against Libya. Benghazi shows how well that worked out. Lets face it there are, allways have been and allways will be people out there who hate this country. I would rather have those who hate us be affraid of us. Green industry is great , I'm all for it but niether Obama's policy or investment in green industry have proven effective.
I see your arguments as either untrue or derived from illogic, and typical of people who don't know why they are upset with Obama. Here's my humble theory for what's behind it.

I believe what is most bothersome to people who argue in such a manner is they are afraid of major change. President Obama, as all progressives do in extraordinary times, is giving most of his energy to changing the "system" in ways that ready us for a new reality. Some of the change is already called for, such as learning to accommodate more than white, heterosexual male wishes, big business and the rich, while other change is due to how a visionary can see ahead and recognize what we need to prepare for.

People who cannot see ahead so well, and who've learned to survive in the current system, are subconsciously worried about how they will do (survive) if things change in ways they can't handle.

The new path involves the redistribution of power, and not just among all our citizens, but by sharing a greater degree of power with the rest of the world. The old patriarchal, dominance, patriotic/ethnocentric model for running things has proven not to work, yet plenty of people (especially white males, i.e., the stereotypical patriarchal/dominance figure) want the old ways to prevail to ensure they stay powerful.

So there's my theory of why the new way upsets a certain class of people, and why their arguments are emotional rather than factual and logical. It's because complainers don't really know what's upsetting them; that it's because the new way calls for men, women and everything in between to equally share power, and it calls for cooperation over dominance--a one-world vision where we share power with all peoples and countries of the world. A radical concept indeed!
11-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
I see your arguments as either untrue or derived from illogic, and typical of people who don't know why they are upset with Obama. Here's my humble theory for what's behind it.
Rather than your humble theory how about disproving my "untrue or illogical aguements"!

11-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

. . . how about disproving my "untrue or illogical aguements"!
Why? The BS is incessant, never-ending, relentless . . . none of it makes sense or fits the facts, as a great many have repeatedly tried to prove here. If someone is determined to deny and obfuscate, there is no way to get them to be real. Same thing is going on with much of the Republican party, it is being dominated by a panicked mob who are so freaked by the type of change being pushed for it's literally incapacitated their ability to logically reason or speak without a forked tongue.

Last edited by les3547; 11-28-2012 at 01:42 PM.
11-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Rather than your humble theory how about disproving my "untrue or illogical aguements"!
I think there was an entire thread about that.
11-28-2012, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
Why? The BS is incessant, never-ending, relentless . . . none of it makes sense or fits the facts, as a great many have repeatedly tried to prove here. If someone is determined to deny and obfuscate, there is no way to get them to be real. Same thing is going on with much of the Republican party, it is being dominated by a panicked mob who are so freaked by the type of change being pushed for it's literally incapacitated their ability to logically reason or speak without a forked tongue.
I would almost see it, if President Obama were even half of what the Republicans say he is. However, he has not replaced the constitution with the Communist Manifesto, required abortions of every expectant white mother or brought about the end of days. He has not even proposed a particularly liberal agenda.

This garbage about Obama as Messiah is 100% right wing generated. The Left thinks he is too conservative and pliant.
11-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I would almost see it, if President Obama were even half of what the Republicans say he is. However, he has not replaced the constitution with the Communist Manifesto, required abortions of every expectant white mother or brought about the end of days. He has not even proposed a particularly liberal agenda.

This garbage about Obama as Messiah is 100% right wing generated. The Left thinks he is too conservative and pliant.
Very true. Many years ago I heard someone ask a wise person "what does it mean to behave unconsciously?" He answered, "it means doing things without knowing why."

A very simple response I'm reminded of when I hear someone ranting against Obama. If the rancor stemmed from knowing the reality of Obama, then we'd expect statements to match up with what's observable, and to be based on sound logic. But if dislikers of Obama never link statements to reality or by sound logic, then to me that's reason to suspect the complainers are unconscious of what is bothering them, as the wise man said.

Closed Thread