Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxle Quote
Build Libraries
Libraries are becoming more and more extinct. Soon they will only exist as either small dwellings on campuses, or perhaps overrun with an almost internet cafe experience. Amost receiving the same fate as bookstores in general.

11-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Uhmmmmm Nissan GT-R!
Saw one of these at the local Nissan dealer a couple of weeks ago. $105K, plus $285 for floormats.
11-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #18
Veteran Member

2 Winners!!

Well unless you bought your ticket in Arizona or Missouri, then you're screwed. So, stop dreaming and go back to work you slackers!
11-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Well, I won! And through a pre-arrangement with my lawyer, I'm giving it all to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, just like my buddy Warren. As I also believe like Warren that great wealth stupefies one, and being just a young one by comparison, I will keep none of the money myself, and keep on trudging to the same old job at the same old company till they eventually lay me off. After which I join the ranks of the takers.

11-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
Veteran Member

LOL! Switch to Leica.

With that kind of money I could take care of my family and have loads of unresponsible fun at the same time!
11-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Libraries are becoming more and more extinct. Soon they will only exist as either small dwellings on campuses, or perhaps overrun with an almost internet cafe experience. Amost receiving the same fate as bookstores in general.

Actually, that's not the worst idea ever, serving coffee and installing wi-fi to preserve the libraries.
11-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
With that kind of money I could take care of my family and have loads of unresponsible fun at the same time!
My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't want to warp my family member's lives by handing out crazy amounts of money, but enough to ensure financial security! And I would do the same for myself - I want financial stability and comfort, but still would like to retain some sense of participating in the rewards my life gave me (above and beyond having the luck to buy a winning lotto ticket!)

But after supporting plenty of worthy causes, environmental, microfinance, education etc, I see a space in my life for something like this -

Fitted out with a library/study, and possibly a darkroom? as well as quarters for a few shipmates.

11-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's nothing unworthy about beauty like that, ihasa.