Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's up to you

I
QuoteQuote:
In remarks at the White House, Obama urged Americans to call, e-mail and tweet their members of Congress to urge immediate passage of his proposal to extend tax cuts for most Americans while allowing rates on the wealthiest 2% to increase to 1990s levels.

"Let's begin our work with where we agree," the president said, noting the Senate has passed the measure and that both parties agree on holding down rates for the majority of taxpayers. "If we can get a few House Republicans to agree as well, I'll sign this bill as soon as the House sends it my way."
GOP divide over Obama tax plan goes public - CNN.com

Idiots are in abundance apparently...........

QuoteQuote:
Fellow Republican Rep. Raul Labrador of Idaho disagreed with Cole, but also said letting Democrats pass a tax increase would saddle them with resulting economic stagnation.

"I think right now my advice to the leadership is that they should let the Democrats pass a tax increase because we will see that the economy will stall because of that tax increase, and then they will own it completely," Labrador said, despite his personal opposition to such a measure.

QuoteQuote:
That kind of endorsement probably won't help Cole make his case with fellow Republicans. Asked about potential backlash to his idea from anti-tax groups focused on enforcing a "pledge" to not raise taxes, Cole seemed nonplussed,

"My job is to get the best deal from the American taxpayers that I can get," he said. "If by keeping the pledge taxes go up on everybody then I don't know if that's a very good idea. If on the other hand we can negotiate a deal, which I think we can which keeps rates where they are but provides revenue and certainly protects people below $250,000 I think we have a responsibility to try and do that."

After the meeting with the rank and file, House Republican leaders were sitting down in the Capitol with several CEOs that are part of the "Fix the Debt" coalition chaired by Erskine Bowles, the former head of Obama's deficit reduction committee.

Boehner delivered a message to his members that he planned to reiterate to the CEOs, "We won't be party to is a deal that protects big businesses and preserves special-interest tax breaks while raising tax rates on the small businesses we're counting on to create jobs."

After the meeting Bowles told reporters he did not see the GOP showing any flexibility in their opposition to any tax rate increases.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/28/politics/cole-taxes/?hpt=po_c1

Last edited by jeffkrol; 11-28-2012 at 12:25 PM.
11-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So when the inevitable tax increase happens, Labrador can say it was his idea..................brilliant!!

Maybe he'll even vote for it.
11-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I wish the media would stop calling this a fiscal cliff, it's a slope. This is like crying wolf. If and when there is a true cliff, Americans won't believe it.