Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Feel my pain...

On my way home this afternoon when I saw a photo opportunity, a pile of fence posts with an open field backdrop of tall brown grass mixed in with short green grass and trees way in the distance. Take a couple of test shots and the camera shuts off. Batteries dead.

01-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I feel it...

I have driven out to a location and pulled my camera out and "no card present" (I left it in my laptop)... I did that twice last year, drove me nuts... I keep a spare in my bag now ;-)
01-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
On my way home this afternoon when I saw a photo opportunity, a pile of fence posts with an open field backdrop of tall brown grass mixed in with short green grass and trees way in the distance. Take a couple of test shots and the camera shuts off. Batteries dead.
And that's exactly why I stopped shooting with NiMH. In my case, it was a sunset with some nice mushrooms growing in, ummm, a cow patty. My friend thought I was nuts for laying down in the pasture with cattle all around us and he still laughs when he mentions me cussing because my batteries were dead.

Nowadays, I wait for Walgreens to have their 2-for-1 special on CRV3's and then I take all their stock.
01-05-2007, 12:02 AM   #4

I'm glad I have a different Walgreens here. I do the same thing. The most frustrating time came during a wter polo match and wham, the batteries died right at the end of the 2nd quarter. (I learned that you don't have much time after the indicator says they are low). I ram across the street to Home Depot and bought some Lithium AA batteries and was back just one minute into the 3rd quarter. Thank goodness for AA batteries!

Now, I always have a extra set in my bag, just in case.

Jeff

01-05-2007, 01:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I always recharge my battery every few days just in case for some spontaneous shooting.

I bought another 2 minolta spare batteries for 28 US dollars last week. Good bargain!