Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D0n Quote
we're talking about Islamic people whose religion requires them t kill you.
KILL YOU...
GET IT?
Yes. Christians told me the same thing three times this week over a freaking tree called 'Holiday' in Rhode Island.

And then there's real life, which I'd rather not mention right now.

Who do you think you're talking to?

QuoteQuote:
Head cut off, face burned with acid, shot and stabbed multiple times, buried up to your neck in dirt and scull caved in with softball sized stones, then dragged through the street for celebration before hanging what's left of your carcass from a bridge as warning...

You're a woman? Gay? Educated? You are everything they want to murder.... after they take a pause between killing Jews...
I know.

is this a military strategy or do you think you can scare me?

QuoteQuote:
You'd have to be beyond insane to think Islamist extremists can be reasoned with...I dare you to try it...go preach peace to the ordinary people of the self proclaimed "religion of peace"
Yes, yes. Same to you, sport. Are you scareder than me?

Can't help but wonder why or how.

You think that's some scary religious nightmare.

I call it.

Background.

Have a trigger. Would you like to shoot someone?

Exactly my point, really.

I've survived fairly advanced PTSD right *here* and you think more talk like *that* is the basis for military strategy?

QuoteQuote:
actually get thee to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt or Iran and bash Islam the way I've seen you bash Christians. I Dare you. Sometimes you have to fight for your right to live.. when they are done with the Jews, they will come for the christians, the gays, the handi-capped, the atheists, then anybody else that won't convert.
Telling it you're with PETA won't stop a grizzly bear from ripping you apart either btw in case you don't get that...
I'm a Pagan. I'd be honored to go out by a bear's doing. (But I don't promise not to put up a proper fight,) Just as I wouldn't kill (or buy in plastic) my dinner without thanking said dinner. ( It's just too complicated these days, mind you, but if you want to paste me up as some PETA person, cause I don't want to carpetbomb Damascus or something, you both fail to understand my religion, my history, what I hear *every day* in the state of Georgia, *and* America's military situation.

Is there somebody you want to kill? Brutalize? I've heard that talk near every day of my life. Maybe you shouldn't be the one thinking you can deploy military resources if you think you can scare *me* with talk like that.

Really.

It seems like *you're* once again the one who thinks fear's a good thing to be standing in when you swing or point weapons. You think your talk about 'Islamic words' is supposed to scare me more than the same stuff from 'Christian words?'

People have tried to rape or kill me into being straight and Christian over Christian words much to the same effect I'm supposed to be feared by you about. Even tried to justify it over and over by saying, 'You'd get worse elsewhere.'

I think *you're* just scared of being on the wrong end of it, DOn. Don't worry, me and my neighbor will protect you if the big bad Muslims try it here.

Meanwhile, let us handle the bangbangs. And maybe get the freaking pressure-treated 1x6 ouut your occipital lobe.

Seriously, dude. Every day of my life I never had to go too far out of my way to hear some *Christian* saying 'My God says by rights I should kill you.'

You act all indignant about what I've lived under every day of my life.

Grow some spine, kid. Or look at what it is you think you're gonna shoot someone about.

Dig?

At all?

Look where you're standing, D0n. None of this has to come down like you say. You know how Fonzie is? He's cool. Can you be cool a little while?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-04-2012 at 08:21 PM.
12-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
D0n
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Yes. Christians told me the same thing three times this week over a freaking tree called 'Holiday' in Rhode Island.

And then there's real life, which I'd rather not mention right now.

Who do you think you're talking to?

I know.

is this a military strategy or do you think you can scare me?

Yes, yes. Same to you, sport. Are you scareder than me?

Can't help but wonder why or how.

You think that's some scary religious nightmare.

I call it.

Background.

Have a trigger. Would you like to shoot someone?

Exactly my point, really.

I've survived fairly advanced PTSD right *here* and you think more talk like *that* is the basis for military strategy?

I'm a Pagan. I'd be honored to go out by a bear's doing. (But I don't promise not to put up a proper fight,) Just as I wouldn't kill (or buy in plastic) my dinner without thanking said dinner. ( It's just too complicated these days, mind you, but if you want to paste me up as some PETA person, cause I don't want to carpetbomb Damascus or something, you both fail to understand my religion, my history, what I hear *every day* in the state of Georgia, *and* America's military situation.

Is there somebody you want to kill? Brutalize? I've heard that talk near every day of my life. Maybe you shouldn't be the one thinking you can deploy military resources if you think you can scare *me* with talk like that.

Really.

It seems like *you're* once again the one who thinks fear's a good thing to be standing in when you swing or point weapons. You think your talk about 'Islamic words' is supposed to scare me more than the same stuff from 'Christian words?'

People have tried to rape or kill me into being straight and Christian over Christian words much to the same effect I'm supposed to be feared by you about. Even tried to justify it over and over by saying, 'You'd get worse elsewhere.'

I think *you're* just scared of being on the wrong end of it, DOn. Don't worry, me and my neighbor will protect you if the big bad Muslims try it here.

Meanwhile, let us handle the bangbangs. And maybe get the freaking pressure-treated 1x6 ouut your occipital lobe.

Seriously, dude. Every day of my life I never had to go too far out of my way to hear some *Christian* saying 'My God says by rights I should kill you.'

You act all indignant about what I've lived under every day of my life.

Grow some spine, kid. Or look at what it is you think you're gonna shoot someone about.

Dig?

At all?

Look where you're standing, D0n. None of this has to come down like you say. You know how Fonzie is? He's cool. Can you be cool a little while?
you don't have a clue what persecution is.
you should try living in the middle east.. get some perspective.
Go talk to a Muslim man the way you talk to me. Bash Islam in an islamic country the way you bash christians in a christian country. I dare you. It is actually an act of cowardice to attack somebody you know won't hurt you back.
just sayin'

Last edited by D0n; 12-04-2012 at 09:19 PM.
12-04-2012, 11:17 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

12-05-2012, 04:49 AM   #34
D0n
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
the only part of the truth missing in that video is this... if they kill all the jews, they start on everybody else that won't convert to Islam.
when everybody else is dead or converted, then it will be Shia, vs Sunni, vs any other factions/splinter groups of Islam...
they aren't capable of peace, never were, never will be.

12-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #35
Veteran Member

you don't have a clue what persecution is.
you should try living in the middle east.. get some perspective.
Go talk to a Muslim man the way you talk to me. Bash Islam in an islamic country the way you bash christians in a christian country. I dare you. It is actually an act of cowardice to attack somebody you know won't hurt you back.
just sayin'
RML knows full well what persecution is, and her "attacks" on christians are a reaction to christian (and other Abrahmic religions) leaders, ministers and followers loudly and persistently calling for her exclusion from society and even for her death. I imagine she knows as well as anyone else, that not all christians wish her harm, but many do.
Charles L. Worley, North Carolina Pastor: Put Gays And Lesbians In Electrified Pen To Kill Them Off

Jonathan Phelps, Westboro Baptist Church Member, Declares Gays Should 'Absolutely' Be Put To Death

In the Old Testament, the book of Leviticus calls for homosexuals to be put to death.

In the Old Testament, the book of Genesis implies that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed partially because of the inhabitants poly-sexual practices.
I could go on and on, but these examples are more than enough to prove my point...

Were it not for our secular system of laws, I have no doubt that ultra-conservative American christian zealots would be openly killing homosexuals at their whim and waving bloody crosses as they gloated over the corpses.

the only part of the truth missing in that video is this... if they kill all the jews, they start on everybody else that won't convert to Islam.
when everybody else is dead or converted, then it will be Shia, vs Sunni, vs any other factions/splinter groups of Islam...
they aren't capable of peace, never were, never will be.
Islam does not have a monopoly on internecine/sectarian violence. Christians have been killing each other over doctrinal differences for at least as long as, if not far longer than, Muslims have.
Sectarian violence among Christians - Wikipedia

Last edited by MRRiley; 12-05-2012 at 07:18 AM.
12-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #36
Banned

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
we're talking about Islamic people whose religion requires them t kill you. KILL YOU... GET IT? Head cut off, face burned with acid, shot and stabbed multiple times, buried up to your neck in dirt and scull caved in with softball sized stones, then dragged through the street for celebration before hanging what's left of your carcass from a bridge as warning

Yet america is no better. america claims to have some of th emost high tech and most accurate weapons in the world. Yet america went to war with the wrong country (Iraq); a country that had literally zero to do with 9/11. What makes it worse is that america killed well over 100k++ innocent people in Iraq. Also that technically america still occupies Iraq and still has thousands of prisoners from Iraq - most of which are held without any rights or any due process; some in extraordinary rendition faciities.

It always gets interesting when an american claims that this country is any better than any enemy we have ever fought.
12-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #37
D0n
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
RML knows full well what persecution is, and her "attacks" on christians are a reaction to christian (and other Abrahmic religions) leaders, ministers and followers loudly and persistently calling for her exclusion from society and even for her death. I imagine she knows as well as anyone else, that not all christians wish her harm, but many do.
Charles L. Worley, North Carolina Pastor: Put Gays And Lesbians In Electrified Pen To Kill Them Off

Jonathan Phelps, Westboro Baptist Church Member, Declares Gays Should 'Absolutely' Be Put To Death

In the Old Testament, the book of Leviticus calls for homosexuals to be put to death.

In the Old Testament, the book of Genesis implies that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed partially because of the inhabitants poly-sexual practices.
I could go on and on, but these examples are more than enough to prove my point...

Were it not for our secular system of laws, I have no doubt that ultra-conservative American christian zealots would be openly killing homosexuals at their whim and waving bloody crosses as they gloated over the corpses.

Islam does not have a monopoly on internecine/sectarian violence. Christians have been killing each other over doctrinal differences for at least as long as, if not far longer than, Muslims have.
Sectarian violence among Christians - Wikipedia
I have learned that some peoples perceptions of persecutions have more to do with delusions than reality, and they feel anybody that doesn't agree with them is out to get them... and thier claims of persecution are highly suspect...

12-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #38
D0n
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Yet america is no better. america claims to have some of th emost high tech and most accurate weapons in the world. Yet america went to war with the wrong country (Iraq); a country that had literally zero to do with 9/11. What makes it worse is that america killed well over 100k++ innocent people in Iraq. Also that technically america still occupies Iraq and still has thousands of prisoners from Iraq - most of which are held without any rights or any due process; some in extraordinary rendition faciities.

It always gets interesting when an american claims that this country is any better than any enemy we have ever fought.
Iraq was no mistake, and it was not wrong... lying to the public about the real reasons was wrong...
12-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Egypt or Iran and bash Islam the way I've seen you bash Christians.
My native background is Cherokee. As far as we can tell that side of the family were renegades who avoid the deportation and cooperating with the authorities and becoming Eastern Cherokees, by just hiding out in the hills.

IN Canada I have become familiar with many native traditionalists, learned how to conduct sweat lodges etc. from the ground up, by making myself of service to elders and taking in what they chose to teach me. The traditional way, not by reading some book. When I went back to Cherokee NC a few years I had a wonderful time. People seemed to recognize me. People stopped me on the street and spoke to me like I'd lived there all my life. There were even some people who looked a bit like me, something I've experienced very infrequently.

At one point I was able to obtain a pipe carved by a traditional cherokee carver, not useful for ceremony, made for money, so same as something made in China really, except made of pipestone from Minnesota. I managed to get some information about the local "traditionals" and inquired about the possiblity of going to a sweat. The response was, I'd have to stay a lot longer. It was really dangerous to have the Christians find out you were a traditional, because they would essentially persecute you, and run you off the reservation. You essentially had to have the trust of a lot of people to even get an invitation. They estimate 10% of the reservation were traditional and lived with this kind of persecution, every day of their lives.

I just find it odd, a native type person standing up for the values that were used to destroy your culture and that are still being used to destroy native cultures toady in every part of the world. Not saying the Muslims are any better. Just saying, North America is not christian, the land and customs here were different from the desert lands of the Israelis. Different spirits live here. The gods that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and took down the walls of Jericho never manifested on these shores. They have no power here. And almost everyone of us who have learned the old ways from from an elder, in the traditional fashion, will tell you, you cannot be Christian and understand this land. Christianity in it's current state is a form of imperialism, not really a religion. It would seem perhaps so is Islam. I wouldn't be championing either of them. I just wish they couild put all the extremeists on an island somewhere and let them battle it out. They have a lot of nerve putting the rest of us at risk with their childish "little boy having a tantrum" wars and tirades.

Last edited by normhead; 12-05-2012 at 08:24 AM.
12-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #40
D0n
Banned

at the end of the day the balance sheet still boils down to three things..

1) Jews want Jerusalem and Israel
2) Islam wants the world...
3) Islam is opposed to human rights and democracy, Israel is not.

Choose the side that won't kill you or take away your freedoms, because you can't be neutral, one side or the other must win before peace will work, and if Islam wins today, they'll declare war on you tomorrow..
ps..if you think I'm hard to persuade, then you obviously have not tried to talk an Islamist militant out of killing people have you?

Last edited by D0n; 12-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.
12-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #41
D0n
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My native background is Cherokee. As far as we can tell that side of the family were renegades who avoid the deportation and cooperating with the authorities and becoming Eastern Cherokees, by just hiding out in the hills.

IN Canada I have become familiar with many native traditionalists, learned how to conduct sweat lodges etc. from the ground up, by making myself of service to elders and taking in what they chose to teach me. The traditional way, not by reading some book. When I went back to Cherokee NC a few years I had a wonderful time. People seemed to recognize me. People stopped me on the street and spoke to me like I'd lived there all my life. There were even some people who looked a bit like me, something I've experienced very infrequently.

At one point I was able to obtain a pipe carved by a traditional cherokee carver, not useful for ceremony, made for money, so same as something made in China really, except made of pipestone from Minnesota. I managed to get some information about the local "traditionals" and inquired about the possiblity of going to a sweat. The response was, I'd have to stay a lot longer. It was really dangerous to have the Christians find out you were a traditional, because they would essentially persecute you, and run you off the reservation. You essentially had to have the trust of a lot of people to even get an invitation. They estimate 10% of the reservation were traditional and lived with this kind of persecution, every day of their lives.

I just find it odd, a native type person standing up for the values that were used to destroy your culture and that are still being used to destroy native cultures toady in every part of the world. Not saying the Muslims are any better. Just saying, North America is not christian, the land and customs here were different from the desert lands of the Israelis. Different spirits live here. The gods that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and took down the walls of Jericho never manifested on these shores. They have no power here. And almost everyone of us who have learned the old ways from from an elder, in the traditional fashion, will tell you, you cannot be Christian and understand this land. Christianity in it's current state is a form of imperialism, not really a religion. It would seem perhaps so is Islam. I wouldn't be championing either of them. I just wish they couild put all the extremeists on an island somewhere and let them battle it out. They have a lot of nerve putting the rest of us at risk with their childish "little boy having a tantrum" wars and tirades.
Aboriginals had wars too.. I have simply recognized the value is in what we have, vs holding grudges from the past, and recognize that if there is one thing to be learned from the past it is this.. the future matters more than the past, and we can change the future.
12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #42
D0n
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
Regarding Palestinians . . . if I were in their shoes I'd be pissed too. Israelis are being jerks, e.g.:
disingenuous outlook.
Palestinians were offered thier own state multiple times and refused it opting instead to launch terrorist attacks and preach hatred for generations, preferring genocide of jews to peaceful cohabitation.
If you were a government, and had terrorists launching attacks on your civilians for decades, it'd probably have a negative affect your demeanour as well. Israel has never launched a full out assault on the Palestinian people...Always targeting militants and terrorist who hide behind civilians... but I would not fault them if they have finally exhausted all other options and decided to end this once and for all. an unconditional surrender will make a lasting peace.
12-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #43
Banned

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Iraq was no mistake, and it was not wrong... lying to the public about the real reasons was wrong...
americans were wrongly wold on the excuse to basically go to war with Iraq based mostly upon 9/11. Bush sold this idea from the very date of 9/11; and then spoonfed it to most of the western media - that failed to background and fact check any of it.

americans shed their blood and died for nothing. Or what would sound (read) better?? Perhaps stating that american dies for oil - yet again.

And now america is being resold on the new idea of "needing to go to war" with Iran.
12-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #44
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

D0n, Palestinian surrender won't bring lasting peace. It'll only brew more hatred and bring another uprising. This in itself is a prophecy in biblical teachings (cf. the AntiChrist).

Mike, Christianity is centred on Christ. He *never* condemned anyone (the adulteress, the unbeliever, the inside betrayer, etc.) and fulfilled Old Testament prophecy. It is incorrect to quote the Old Testament and say this is what Christianity and its God stands for.

Last edited by Ash; 12-05-2012 at 06:32 PM.
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Christianity is centred on Christ. It is incorrect to quite the Old Testament and say this is what Christianity and its God stands for.
As an atheist but well-versed in the intricacies of the 3 major Abrahamic religions, your first statement might only be right for those who believe in Christ to begin with, a type of circular reference ususally found in faulty Excel spreadsheets. Christianity as a whole accepts every single word that is in the OT as the word of the one and only god herself.

The second statement seems to wrongly suggest christianity has its own god, different from judaism and islam. There is no such thing as "Christianity and its God". This shows more than just self-righteousness, it shows you do not accept a theological fact of life.

Christianity, judaisme and islam share one god (if she would exist in the first place of course). Christianity expanded the OT quite a bit with a new bundle of writings by various persons of which some ended up bundled into the New testament. Islam did much of the same with both OT and NT. There is no escaping the fact that if one is right about "its" god, they all are and if one is wrong...well, you figure it out.
Closed Thread