Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm with mikeSF, plus how about an adapter so I can use 645 lenses as tilt and shift lenses on my K-5? Don't listen to those other guys. They hate you.

12-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
While yours is not the only AF complaint I've heard when Pentax is compared to the more advanced systems of some competitors, the current system is neither antiquated nor miserable in my opinion. As a landscape shooter, my subjects are all stationary and do not require fast tracking nor numerous focus points. In fact, I can hardly recall a situation where I felt it didn't work just fine for my needs. Pentax, if you will ignore that guy and just give us a way to field calibrate the electronic level, I'd by quite pleased.
Yeap, not antiquated. I agree. I never shoot at a flash sync speed of 1/180s, only 1/125s and never have the need for anything higher.
12-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
Site Supporter

I may as well come clean. It is me. On April 1, 2013, Pentax will be debuting a FF body that will have all the features of the k-5 and the sensor of the D4.

12-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'd be totally cool with those guys never being identified, I'd really hate to see them hassled in any way, just because folks have a gripe with Pentax.
I'm OK if Pentax employees prefer not to come forward, however, I cannot recall a Pentax employee ever being hassled here.

JCPentax did not respond well to constructive comments, but that wasn't the fault of the posters.

12-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I'm OK if Pentax employees prefer not to come forward, however, I cannot recall a Pentax employee ever being hassled here.

JCPentax did not respond well to constructive comments, but that wasn't the fault of the posters.
Bingo!
12-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Did he work in the mail room?
12-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I may as well come clean. It is me. On April 1, 2013, Pentax will be debuting a FF body that will have all the features of the k-5 and the sensor of the D4.

this is BIG news. I am going to start sharing this out on the wire.

12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #23
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Surely, the average person who works for Pentax has better things to do with their spare time.
12-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
Surely, the average person who works for Pentax has better things to do with their spare time.
I doubt we get many lens designers, or even camera engineers. So many people know so much about what Pentax should do, I'm surprised no one has been offered a job.
12-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
The average person, sure. However, Marketing, PR, etc. this ought to be part of their job description. We've had the head of marketing or whatever the title is post here in the past. But Class A was precisely on point with his comment "
JCPentax did not respond well to constructive comments, but that wasn't the fault of the posters."
12-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #26
Site Supporter

JCPentax: There will be no K30

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The average person, sure. However, Marketing, PR, etc. this ought to be part of their job description. We've had the head of marketing or whatever the title is post here in the past. But Class A was precisely on point with his comment "
JCPentax did not respond well to constructive comments, but that wasn't the fault of the posters."
I remember JCPentax and his thread, "There will be no K30."

QuoteQuote:
The original name for the K-7 was the K30. However, as developement rolled on, we realized that this camera was much more than a replacement to the K20D. Therefore, we decided to move to a different number.

As far as where that number came from, it is hard to say. I probably shouldn't share this, but the original suggestion was K-9. For obvious reasons we here in the US and our European counterparts vetoed this idea.