Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
Of course a lot of catastrophic damage could be avoided if I just wouldn't double space after periods! Old habits are hard to break especially when you don't want to break them.
+1 on the double-space. I'm always annoyed these editors won't preserve them.

12-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
+1 on the double-space. I'm always annoyed these editors won't preserve them.
+1 to both you and lammie. I always double space, have always double spaced, and will always continue to double space. If I wasn't supposed to double space then the space bar would only move 1 space, no matter how many times I hit it.
12-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I have never used it nor have the interest to use it, but I see the positive benefit of government allowing it as long as the issues it might cause are no worse than alcohol. The government will be able to tax it for revenue and that would presumably damage the criminal industry's flow of cash because the end users would probably much prefer a legal means of acquiring what they want.

Last edited by sjwaldron; 12-10-2012 at 01:51 PM.
12-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sjwaldron Quote
I have never used it nor have the interest to us it, but I see the positive benefit of government allowing it as long as the issues it might cause are no worse than alcohol. The government will be able to tax it for revenue and that would presumably damage the criminal industry's flow of cash because the end users would probably much prefer a legal means of acquiring what they want.
I will leave the country if the government starts taxing the use of double spacing after periods. Where is Mitt when I need him? Oh, he is probably somewhere close to an automobile playing with himself again - no help there.

I am not an expert, but probably any psycho-active drug will have varied effects depending on the individual using them. That said, THC is usually very mildly dosed in marijuana, although there have been some studies that say that it is more potent now than it ever has been. But there are infinite strains and if regulated (and taxed) I am sure that some standards could be established from keeping it from being too potent. I think that the biggest problem is that legalizing it sends the message that smoking is not harmful. I believe that it is.

12-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
In Denver, we've already got medical pot stores on every corner which are also completely illegal under federal law, but there they are. If it actually happens (recreational use), it will be easier to manage in this state as there is already a very strict and well-regulated system in place for the medical pot stores. And who's kidding whom, most the of the medical use is actually recreational anyway -- or else there is an epidemic wave of "nausea" among 20-somethings...
The Justice Dept. has a memo in place (which will be there at least four more years) which directs no federal enforcement against holders of a license to use or sell medical marijuana under state law. No such memo exists for recreation. It will be interesting to see what happens.
12-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #21
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
The Justice Dept. has a memo in place (which will be there at least four more years) which directs no federal enforcement against holders of a license to use or sell medical marijuana under state law. No such memo exists for recreation. It will be interesting to see what happens
The feds will most likely do something such as threaten to pull away the federal stimulus money - such as highway money. The feds currently hold back a number of program monies to the state of Alaska, but the state of Alaska seems to do just fine without the need for the money
12-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Well when you think about it they don't probably care about that. Legalized weed will be a lot more lucrative for those states than the alternative. Why beg the feds for money for the highways when legalizing and taxing weed can bring in 10X what they'd give you for that. I tend think this will be very good for the states that want it actually. Most of them have a bad economy going on. I can see how this might help with that, a lot. It's a whole new legal industry and a lot of jobs. I'll bet though that the Feds won't let it go. They stand to lose too much by this. They want the states dependent upon them to a certain extent...

12-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I live about 40 miles from Ann Arbor, MI, where pot isn't legal, but the fine for getting caught is $5. That said, neither it nor Washington hold no allure to me since I don't smoke pot or anything else for that matter. Pot never held any fascination for me, plus smoking or being in possession of it or any other narcotic would jeopardize my concealed carry license.