Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Rat , you know I like you but ....would you please STFU and stop making every single thing about your sexual and religious preferences! Wow I've really wanted to say that for years!

You've said that before, but as I always said, if you Baggers don't want it to be about that, spend the time and money on something else.

You've spent exponentially more time and money suppressing others over sexuality and religion than I ever needed to live.

And I did live it. For decades. (And that very much includes details you ignore like, 'You're still on your family's credit rating, why didn't you finish college, what's wrong with you?' "They're trying to have me killed for not being straight." 'Don't bring your sex life into this! We don't like your kind here. '" ) Yah.

This is something the Religious Right even here has been in consistent denial of: as if it would fix something if only you could make it harder.

I *particularly* resent you acting like I'm unduly raising a flag about my sexuality, Captain, when I didn't *have* a coming out story. I had this whole other plan, and the truth was extracted from me under interrogation, because they thought my post-traumatic stress from 'corrective rape' meant I was 'on drugs.' Don't act like 'You brought this on yourself for not being closeted.' Gods.

If I've ever volunteered a single detail about my sex life, I'm sure it outweighs all the civil rights issues involved, of course. Massa.

More than half the damn problem is your Righties would rather talk about this like it's just about your comfort and your religion and your slogans and 'definitions' when *the rest of us* have to live under it. In reality. All the nuts and bolts including, 'We can't move here.'

I never told you a *thing* about my sex life. It would bore you. Sorry.

So before you tell me to STFU like you're entitled to.... consider you're calling me STFUable about some agenda that says I'm the 'immoral' one if I haven't been able to see the one I love most in person for two years. Cause of things you 'don't want to hear.'

Ten years, by the way. If we don't get back together cause of economic and long-distance stress, you know the cons will claim that 'proves' it's cause we're not straight. We hear it every day and always have. People demand that it's both vital to make us sub-citizens and then claim it 'proves' our inferiority if we can't do twice as well paying twice as much, (yes, even in taxes) under twice as bad of conditions.

So, tell me to STFU. It's getting toward the day when I *can* actually, not that it'll undo the harm done.

QuoteQuote:
Some may find this hard to believe but I actually have very little interest in posts like " My DA 35 is bigger and faster than your DA21" or "DA* 16-50 The Best Lens That Never Works." I do own several Pentax cameras but I'm not a fanboy and have no delusions that it's the "Camera of the Gods". So before PF Staff closes the door , I'll be walking out of it.
To my friends and worthy adversaries - Thanks for the thoughts!

If I've been able to contribute *anything* here or elsewhere, actually, I'm just the kind of photography teacher that has nothing to do with that, apart from a certain amount of 'One Of The Boys.' You Seacapt, insist that *your* demands don't do anything, but.... they actually really kind of do.

Even if you want to hear more about what *I* learned about photography from *real* old-timers.

Whle trying to survive in a world that... You still seem to think doesn't actually happen or must be someone else's fault, don't you?

If I'm making all this up, why does the Right think they'll lose so much if they simply *stopped?*

That's my whole lifetime this time, you know, abuse, vitriol, blame-pushing, and, yes, violence. Who was it that spent this time since I could have been being a child screaming at the very *notion* I was no more and no less than a human being and American citizen? Quite an adventure, really. I wouldn't be bitter if I could be with someone I love and try and/or at least be a *little* industrious, at least.

Do you think this didn't affect anything, now that you're on the losing end of a political equation?

I really *can* STFU now.

Only question is, can we do something positive now.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-12-2012 at 08:11 PM.
12-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, I'll do something positive. I'll close this thread. If some of you wish to leave a photography forum because you will no longer be allowed to discuss politics, use it as a soap box for your own cause celebre, and swap insults, well, we wish you good health and prosperity.
Closed Thread