Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
RIP, you will be missed!

.. well most of you will be missed! It's been interesting and even fun sometimes.

Regards

12-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Should we get a pool going as to who has the Last Post here
12-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I think Obama since it is his fault.
12-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Shhhhh... we're not supposed to let out that Winder is actually Obama, expressing how he really feels.

12-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How am I going to find out what those righties are up to now? I couldn't possibly listen to Fox entertainment, that would be painful.
12-12-2012, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Video Channel Chromeless w/ quality selector
12-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
Veteran Member

What is the exact closing date and time I want to go out with a bang!
For the record it was site policies like this dealing with GT/PR , the purging of the mods and "Cody's Contest" that caused me to stop posting my photos on Pentax Forums. Some of you may remember when I used to contribute photography regularly.

Last edited by seacapt; 12-12-2012 at 05:00 PM.
12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nesster Quote
most excellent!!!!
12-12-2012, 04:21 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Eh, I do think recent returns of people who kind of turned up the acrimony have much to do with this. For a while, there, a lot of things were mostly-reasonable. Relatively-speaking.

To be quite honest, the Religious Right's gone *way* off the rails since their miniverse where they thought people actually listened to their Obama-hating was shattered by actual reality. In a (relatively) neutral forum I think it only turned into an exercize in certain people trying to amp it all up.

Somehow it's seemed particularly hard for one mod who's otherwise a model PFer but seems to want to both attack, proselytize, and then mod on the same threads if his religious extremism is actually contested. I think *he* was happier when he had me on ignore, but then again, I was listening to him when he wasn't listening to me all this time, so he might not know where a lot of that came from.

Times are changing, though. And I think certain screaming from the Right has successfully delayed us into a bad scenario, unfortunately. For a long while, now, I've only hoped that as we inevitably have to deal with what comes, that more people might look like humans to each other.

Even some of us cooked up to be scapegoats and 'bad guys' in certain forms of certain religions. (Mind you, that goes both ways. Among my own religion I do try to mitigate the tendency for things to look like they might turn round to yet another 'persecution narrative.' The Christians in our society and politics sure don't make it easy, though. Sometimes coming from me it sounds like hollow wishful idealism, given what I've been through, and sometimes, it sounds a little more meaningful.

Then again I've been trying to warn and/or fix our climate and energy probelms since I was literally *seven* years old. And as predicted, Christian extremists are shifting from denialism to scapegoating. Again.

Perhaps if this board's not long for the world, we can see humans in each other in the meanwhile.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-12-2012 at 04:30 PM.
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Very appropriate as an exit!
12-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I suppose, too. As for the 'R' in P&R goes, I know some Bible-quoters who think their soul depends on believing a book that they believe must say I'm some kind of awful person. Despite anything I've ever been, said, or done. It's not fair or the best in you. I do know it's all you think you've *got.*

Yes, I know it's not particularly comfortable for you when you hang your demands, assertions, and palliations of what you say that leans or depends on some manner of semantic *doubt,* (since you call any 'idol' but written words 'evil idolatry,') ..and yes, you'd rather consider me crazy for not obeying, not being straight, or not being Christianist.

Then go back to thinking some argument on the assumption no one else has spirituality or common decency without your soul-and-life-crushing *authority* is more persuasive than ....hey, I dunno, listening to people. Then perrhaps blaming 'Fallen humanity' when the more you demand and hurt nd impose... the worse things *always* get.

Yes, if your book is all you *got* I imagine you're susceptible to the very fears you want others to submit to. But yes, I was a weird kid. One of those who was less worried about your heavens, hells, or oblivions than trying to get my *last* lifetime resolved, as well as this one.

While getting kind of worked over, actually. Makes Harry Potter look like a childrens' book... Oh, wait, it is. (Depsite some taking a decade to scare people about the contrary. There's no conspiracy there, you know: I think they just read the first few pages and found that the point of view was too 'damning.' Most of those who spent millions trying to burn books and promote conspiracy theories read no further. Funny thing was, getting locked under the stairs cause something too spiritual/magical happened is not fiction to me. pardon if I don't go into personal details.

And some Christianists *do* talk like this is arguing about some 'Implacably Unknown (or else) fear. From which authority and legal oppressions are supposed to flow.

I disagree.

Where it applies to the P&R forum and the things that led up to this would seem to mean a constitutional inability to even *register* that far from 'commanding authority' you seem to want to claim superiority based on the very 'doubts' you insist are somehow endemic to reality, and not the very products and fears of your own assertions.

There are a lot of angry atheists out there that think 'being souls' somehow hangs on Christian type arguments. Cause you taught them that was what it was about. Decide it's all bunkum considering the obvious/ I'm sure I'd think the same. Gods know that the activity called 'Religion' where I grew up never had a thing to do with spirit in the first place. But all it is is I never had that luxury.

I promise it doesn't make me a 'prophet.' Just someone trying to do right by a few lifetimes that could have been better-attended in the first place. (Always did feel like a ghost, you know. You probably have no idea how real *that* can get.) I wouldn't be so frustrated now about being in a barely-tenable situation if I still *did.* Some people insist that the whole world gets a reset if they obey certain authorities. But that's not true. Especially not how they talk it here. That done, I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to scrape together anything to show for *this* lifetime, just as me.

Christians, especially when trying to express things about their demands in *politics* seem to need to demand I'm 'fallen' or 'have no faith' or 'am immoral.'

They really don't know jack about any of these things, or they wouldn't be mixing religious authority with other politics in the first place and calling it 'faith.'

Never mind to justify harming others.

I'll tell you one thing about my *faith.*

Hi, there.

Been an interesting ride, as old things like spirt, karma, and memory go. Can't seem to 'austerity' myself into being much damn good to anyone, though, reality and people 'forgiving themselves' having a funny way of not un-f'ing systems or concussions and trauma, though.

Have had a good look around in the process, though.

Alls it is is I don't live in your argument, you know.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-12-2012 at 05:58 PM.
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Inactive Account

I guess I will see ya'll around. I am more of a lurker when it comes to the rest of the forum since I am just a DWAC not a professional photographer or someone with any aspirations to ever be one, I am not a photography gear head or lens hoarder, and I am not a griper. I rarely feel like I have something productive to add that is photography so I mostly come here to learn and find inspiration so I ask the occasional photography questions. When it comes to P&R, I always tried to stay respectful (as my POV was definitely in the minority around here so I am sure some people though I had nothing to productive to add here either). If I ever hurt anyone's feelings please know that I was just joshing around and you really shouldn't care what I think of you, but I understand that some people's skin is thicker than others'.
12-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
Veteran Member

That's *OK,* Mikemike. The only reason it ever meant a *damn* for there to be aP&R forum here was because it's a little diferent when people brought together only by a lens mount discuss these things.
The only reason P&R exists is because certain people were peppering the photography discussions with right-wing (and particularly, homohobic) claims and references, and 'General Talk' was being *eaten* by them. It was me that caused a storm by coming out. Which I probably shouldn't have had to do, honestly. I was trying to talk photography and actually just standing up a little. It was just that the Christian Right was infecting the rest of the place (even the film SLR forums) and if I said otherwise, I'd be blamed for there being a scuffle.

(I mean, seriously, this P&R place probably only *exists* because no one stood up in the face of all that and said, *Actually, *I'm* queer." But at the time 'General talk' could barely keep a bit of music-sharing on the same two pages as certain right-wing headline threads.)

Much drama followed. And no, it wasn't about photography.

I don't know what level of photography you're on, right now, Mikemike, but you were always welcome, regardless. Whatever you've been trying to prove here. Teach, learn, talk about what size rims to put on a car, really.

I only post less on the rest of the forum because what *I* know from the old school really is becoming less and less relevant.

Really.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-12-2012 at 06:36 PM.
12-12-2012, 06:56 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

Rat , you know I like you but ....would you please STFU and stop making every single thing about your sexual and religious preferences! Wow I've really wanted to say that for years!

Some may find this hard to believe but I actually have very little interest in posts like " My DA 35 is bigger and faster than your DA21" or "DA* 16-50 The Best Lens That Never Works." I do own several Pentax cameras but I'm not a fanboy and have no delusions that it's the "Camera of the Gods". So before PF Staff closes the door , I'll be walking out of it.
To my friends and worthy adversaries - Thanks for the thoughts!
12-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #15

RML when I was here the first time you and I of course didn't get along much. (Some things don't change eh? )
I did offer to meet you anyplace you wanted and just go take some pictures. And I'd have paid for the film too. If I had a vehicle I trusted, and still had the money I'd still make you the offer. Think we'd have fun.

See you in the Photo Forums RML.
Closed Thread