Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wont miss it all, this is a photography forum why on earth did it have a Political and Religious board in the first place !?!?

12-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
LOL! Jeffkrol, hardcore to the bitter end. You didn't say where you'll be posting your P&R materials.

I didn't think this forum would interest me when I started reading, but American politics is such a calamity that I've been very entertained almost daily for about a year. That's why I will continue to participate in PF, but I will have a look at the DPR off-topic forum to see if it holds my attention.
12-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I don't have a problem spending (on photography) - I have a problem growing my GDP, which has been in recession and is below levels last seen 12 or more years ago. I need to implement policies that returns GDP growth to something like +3.5% per year, at which point my camera gear pays for itself in the long run. Of course I have to pay taxes (take money out of the camera pot) to pay off the spouse and daughter occasionally. However, drastic austerity measures are likely to bring on a depression, though higher tax rates will improve photographic productivity through reduced regulatory vigilance. As my company has recently announced massive layoffs, the only potential problem I have is with a looming fiscal cliff, where all of my income may be sequestered.
12-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
American politics is such a calamity that I've been very entertained almost daily for about a year.
Kind of like watching two trains about to collide, isn't it? You try to look away but just can't.

12-13-2012, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

LOL! Jeffkrol, hardcore to the bitter end. You didn't say where you'll be posting your P&R materials.

I didn't think this forum would interest me when I started reading, but American politics is such a calamity that I've been very entertained almost daily for about a year. That's why I will continue to participate in PF, but I will have a look at the DPR off-topic forum to see if it holds my attention.
Not sure.. facebook bores me............
http://www.facebook.com/jeff.seussalias

This is not THE ONLY place but it WAS the nicest............. (APPARENTLY that is a matter of opinion)

Political forums are always sooo one sided......................

Politics is like discussing "BIG" pixels vs little pixels.. and just as mis-understood.......
QuoteQuote:
The maximum amount of light captured per unit of area, and the sensitivity per unit of area, have not been greatly different for the smallest and largest pixels with the benefit often being to the smaller pixels, with technology of the same age. It's a simple idea, easy to visualize, but has not recently been an issue. Why do you think that P&S cameras of several years ago had less highlight headroom at ISO 100 than DSLRs did? It's because they had higher QE, and saturated with less exposure, even though the maximum collectible light per unit of sensor area was about the same.
John Sheey

Last edited by jeffkrol; 12-13-2012 at 03:50 PM.
12-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Well, it could be if Pentax made a FF.

Oops, sorry. Wrong forum..................................
Do you know that if I had $5 for every time I've read that statement over the last few months month I'd have enough for a K-30 and the 18-135MM WR lens kit? :P
12-13-2012, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
JeffKroll,

I think you are slipping. I figured you would have a thread going about the overdose on stupid pills the GOP took regarding the $60B requested for Sandy relief efforts.

12-13-2012, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where will you go when P&R closes?

Nowhere. I'll still be here, learning about and discussing, photography.
Do posters on "Politics + Religion" forums demand that the forum provide a photography section?
Why don't we have a recipe section? I'd like to make a good Italian sauce.
And an auto repair forum? Sometimes I have to click two or three times to get to an auto forum.
And home improvement? Don't get me started!
JMO,
Ron
12-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #24
Banned

Well, it could be if Pentax made a FF.

Oops, sorry. Wrong forum..................................
Before it's closed we should have a poll to see who want's a FF more...conservatives or liberals.
12-13-2012, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #25
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Before it's closed we should have a poll to see who want's a FF more...conservatives or liberals.
I like it!
12-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Nowhere. I'll still be here, learning about and discussing, photography.
Do posters on "Politics + Religion" forums demand that the forum provide a photography section?
Why don't we have a recipe section? I'd like to make a good Italian sauce.
And an auto repair forum? Sometimes I have to click two or three times to get to an auto forum.
And home improvement? Don't get me started!
JMO,
Ron
What I mean is, where will you go for P&R discussions? Since I suspect a few people only participate in PF because of this forum, I thought they might say so.
12-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I like it!
What about the strange political outlyers who don't care but - if they do - they would like said FF to be available in turquoise with pink grips?
12-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #28

Do what I've done for a while. Here, photozo and FPZ. Before I left here a couple of years ago I was posting a lot in the other forums and tried to keep it more there than in P&R but but didn't always succeed.Was even a supporter of this site. P&R is a great place to let off steam and keep it out of the other forums. Truthfully I've let my photography interest wane a bit since my rotator surgery. Just having a hard time getting the feeling back. Most of my on line time isn't on a photoforum anyway. You can usually find me at planted tank dot net. My other hobby.

Will say this though. I measure "friendships" by the unsweetened tea method. Are you someone I want to sit with and have an unsweetened ice tea with? Glad to say there are only one or two that would fail that test. And even those few I think under the right circumstances would pass the test.
12-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #29
Veteran Member

What I mean is, where will you go for P&R discussions? Since I suspect a few people only participate in PF because of this forum, I thought they might say so.
I won't go anywhere else. In the past I've found websites dedicated to politics or religion (or philosophy) are too intense for my tastes, and often full of windbags. I think having politics and religion as an "off topic" actually helps to bring discussions down to Earth. Too bad admin decided we are too much trouble, having this little spot tucked safely away within Pentax Forums was nice.

Last edited by les3547; 12-14-2012 at 12:00 AM.
12-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Google+ has launched a new "Communities" section which is already huge for photography and politics. There is a Pentax Community (a couple of them) as well as a world of specialty communities for film, Medium Format, Street, Portrait, B&W, HDR...... you name it.

They also have several political and economics communities.... Even a community for MMT'ers like Jeff https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/115648015225495790417

I already use G+ for most things related to photography, business, politics, & economics. Anyone can use G+ to start a community if you can't find one you like.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/s/Pentax/communities
https://plus.google.com/u/0/s/politics/communities
Closed Thread