Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
Well Mr. C&P I have a feeling I may agree with you.

Odd.

I feel faint.

I can't feel my toes.

My finger sto
Made my day.. thanks......... hello???..... hello????

12-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #62
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Now your making is sound like voter fraud..........
And the existence of police in society? Do they make a mockery of democracy?
12-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
And the existence of police in society? Do they make a mockery of democracy?
No macing a peaceful student enforces democracy as does subverting the crowds at Occupy Wall street. The obscene behavior of the Toronto police at the G summit, good democratic stuff that.
12-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Since I have been put on a 3 day timeout over at the "other thread" regarding p&R I've had to resort to this tactic..........

QuoteQuote:
We're Pentax snobs.
Seriously, are they thriving, active sites? Do they have a P&R section?
From PentaxForums.com: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/208124-news-p...#ixzz2F3fsnn5o

Yea why be different........... (sorry couldn't resist)

can't see what
QuoteQuote:
are they thriving, active sites
has anything to do w/ it.. Are you implying you lose traffic because of P/R?????
not buying it...
You have the "ignore" button for those to squeamish to watch........

As pointed out almost every active forum has a "junkyard".. you took the common sense approach to have a sub-junkyard..

12-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #65
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
No macing a peaceful student enforces democracy as does subverting the crowds at Occupy Wall street. The obscene behavior of the Toronto police at the G summit, good democratic stuff that.
Right. Try starting up a community where there is no policing of law and see how well it fares for you. No humanly established authority is going to be perfect, nor be immune to abuse, let alone corruption.

Last edited by Ash; 12-14-2012 at 04:30 PM.
12-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #66
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

has anything to do w/ it.. Are you implying you lose traffic because of P/R?????
Absolutely not. I in fact stated the opposite. We will lose some traffic when it closes. A beach looses a little sand every time somebody goes home without shaking out their pant cuffs first, that doesn't mean it's significant enough for anybody else to even notice.
12-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Absolutely not. I in fact stated the opposite. We will lose some traffic when it closes. A beach looses a little sand every time somebody goes home without shaking out their pant cuffs first, that doesn't mean it's significant enough for anybody else to even notice.
your writing is confusing... you imply things you say you don't imply.. maybe its me.. BUT on the bright side.. you'd make a good politiician............

I revisited your post;
QuoteQuote:
As far as the difference between us and Camera-Enthusiast. com, there is a huge disparity in how long the two sites have been in operation. That just may be a factor.

We have a few members who say they will leave when P&R closes. We wish them well. I know for a fact in the nearly 3 years that I have been a moderator, we have had several members leave, according to them, because there is a P&R. One size doesn't fit all.

It's an extremely small percentage of members that post in P&R. Right now, there are 246 of our more than 47,000 members, and over 1600 guests on line. That's about average to low average. I count roughly 30 different posters in P&R since yesterday, several of whom appear to have posted just to weigh in on the closing, as they haven't posted in a while. Even if I grossly miscounted and there were 50, that's 1/10th of 1 percent of the membership. Roughly 50% of the threads are started by one or two members and 1/10th of 1 percent (likely fewer) post in P&R on any given day, so I really don't foresee much impact on the forum overall.
From PentaxForums.com: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/forum-suggestions-news-help/208124-news-p...#ixzz2F3lBRGCW

Seems and argument can go both ways then and the only problem is YOUR time is more valuable than to police here......

"lurkers" are common EVERYWHERE... means nothing..

Care to share about "active" membership.. those posting more than say once per year (not including "hi I'm" posts...

there are always core posters... People came here to get away from "those core posters" at dpReview.. and stated "core posting" here.. funny.

You can try to justify w/ stats all you want .. bottom line is you and the mods are just tired of it...........and Adam as well... I suppose.......so don't try to justify it..

it won't work for most.. see I consider the IQ level here much higher than at "white supremacist chemicals for modern extermination forums"............

Last edited by jeffkrol; 12-14-2012 at 01:30 PM.
12-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #68
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Right. Try starting up a community where there is no policing of law and see how well it cares for you. No humanly established authority is going to be perfect, nor be immune to abuse, let alone corruption.
Ever read any posts at 4chan?
I think one of their requirements is that posters have the maturity of a 7th grader.
12-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #69
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

your writing is confusing... you imply things you say you don't imply.. maybe its me.. BUT on the bright side.. you'd make a good politiician............
There's the problem, Jeff. You're looking for implications when in fact, I'm making clear statements.
12-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
No macing here.... we have tasers!

Yes Bro, I will tase you!
12-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Ever read any posts at 4chan?
I think one of their requirements is that posters have the maturity of a 7th grader.
I think you give them way too much credit.
12-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #72
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I meant maximum, not minimum.
12-14-2012, 01:56 PM - 1 Like   #73
Veteran Member

"white supremacist chemicals for modern extermination forums"............
Leave my forum out of this conversation. We have values you know.
12-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #74
Site Supporter

I meant maximum, not minimum.
We could just send our P & R discussions over to 4-chan. I would love to see some of our folks arguing with 20 Asperger's people at the same time.
12-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
We could just send our P & R discussions over to 4-chan. I would love to see some of our folks arguing with 20 Asperger's people at the same time.
Land of the (neckbearded) armchair libertarians?
Closed Thread