Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
What Kind Of Insane Monster Targets CHILDREN?
If the targets had been adults, would that have been better?

12-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Most of them were 5 year olds. He shot a class full of kindergarten kids, and their teachers, and the people from the office, the principal et all. 5 year olds. That's just beyond perverted.
They, not he: two shooters. One of them is dead; police is chasing the second one.
This happens in one of the safest U.S. community, with virtually no violent crime.
My guess is, the shooters played a sick hunting game. Sheer insensitivity to life.
12-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #18
Site Supporter

BBC News - China school knife attack in Henan injures 22 children

Should knives also be banned?

I knew people would use this as an excuse to bash gun owners. How about we focus on the kids. How about we focus on the people who did it, not the tool they had.
12-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnyates Quote
And if these PEOPLE didn't have guns, this would not have happened.

You need to be more discriminating about who you allow to join your "well regulated militia".
Yes, it would have. It just would not have been guns that were used. Do you really think that lack of a gun would have stopped someone bent on something as horrific as this? No offense but that's absurdly naive. Killers don't not kill just because it's a bit more difficult sans a certain type of weapon. They just change tactics. It doesn't take guns not when bombs that can easily kill dozens can be made from a few chemicals at the local garden store. Guns are just easier for them that's all.

12-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Media's fault?

12-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnyates Quote
If the targets had been adults, would that have been better?
No, but somehow it's even more horrifying when it's a classroom full of babies.
12-14-2012, 12:38 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Reading comments on yahoo news... It AMAZES me that 99% of the people commenting say this has nothing to do with gun ownership in the U.S. A sort of mass insanity.
That is because it doesn't.

12-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #23
Veteran Member

There's no word as yet on whether or not the 2nd guy was shooting. He was out in the woods in camo or something like that, but that doesn't mean he was involved. He could have been living out there or something. Probably was but it's too soon probably to assume that. For sure the dead man was, but they're still questioning the other guy. Like I said, the weapon is just a convenience. It could have just as easily been bombs made from fertilizer. People like this are demented. There is no stopping them. No guns they'd still do it. They'd just find another way.
12-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
Banned

Mental Illness And Gun Ownership

QuoteQuote:
Some anti-gun organizations have suggested that all mentally ill individuals should be prohibited from purchasing firearms. Just for the sake of argument, how would one go about identifying all mentally ill people?

The former U.S. Surgeon General estimates that 20 percent of Americans suffer from some type of mental illness. How would mental illness be defined?
Mental Illness And Gun Ownership | Second Amendment | Guns & Ammo
12-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Yeah, I'm sure mass killings occur in China almost weekly, just like in the U.S. No, wait, they occur every other day, since China has 3 times America's population.
12-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #26
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
BBC News - China school knife attack in Henan injures 22 children

Should knives also be banned?

I knew people would use this as an excuse to bash gun owners. How about we focus on the kids. How about we focus on the people who did it, not the tool they had.
Is that a joke or what ? Do you not understand the difference between guns and knives ? He could not even kill one person with a knife.
12-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
link
Mentally ill people are prohibited from gun ownership. However, obviously, this guy was nuts enough to shoot his mother AND most of her class. Stay on topic.
12-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #28
Site Supporter

Is that a joke or what ? Do you not understand the difference between guns and knives ? He could not even kill one person with a knife.
Do you understand what dead means?

I don't see how this would be considered a joke.

QuoteQuote:
Security at China's schools has been increased in recent years following a spate of similar knife attacks in which nearly 20 children have been killed.]
12-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #29
Site Supporter

Did you read the whole article?

I understand both are tools. I also understand both can be deadly. Can you not understand that people who want to kill will kill with whatever they can get their hands on?
12-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I actually woke up in the middle of a bad dream last night thinking that I had lost a little one. I had to get up and make sure she was still breathing. Scary thoughts at a scary time.
Closed Thread