Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Another Shooting

Elementary shooting

27 People Dead, Mostly Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting - ABC News

12-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I saw that. What is making people go nuts lately?
12-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have to wonder what goes wrong with people like this guy?
12-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Probably many reasons.
In some cases it could be the person looking for that "high". The rush of adrenaline, etc.

In some it could be they were never taught right and wrong. Lack of parental guidance. Probably any one of a million reasons all stemming from curtailing parental involvement with their children.

In some it could be a highly intelligent individual looking for a way out. What made Hitler the person he was?

12-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not surprised there was another mass shooting, madness like this is happening like crazy everywhere in the USA in the past couple years and seems to be growing, biggest ones being from Vtech and the recent Dark Knight Rises opening. However I am surprised that this happened at a elementary school where 27+ are dead with mostly kids being the victims. One shooter is dead and the other is still out at large, insanity.
12-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have children in school from pre-k to high school. I can't imagine what those parents are going through, both those that lost children and those of the survivors.
12-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
Veteran Member

What Kind Of Insane Monster Targets CHILDREN?

At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary school | Fox News

I guess the mall massacre wasn't enough for one week. There were at least two shooters. Most of the victims are grade school age children. Bastards....I have no more words. I'm about to cry just typing this.

12-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
Site Supporter

This is one time where I would say when they catch the other guy who is still at large they should simply torture him on live TV, with the warning to those whould would do this that they will receive the same treatment. There is no excuse whatsoever. I don't care if you're bats*** crazy, there's no excuse.
12-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I actually woke up last night from a bad dream that I had lost a little one. I had to get up and check to make sure she was still breathing. Scary thoughts at a scary time.
12-14-2012, 12:15 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Pentaxian

As long as you Americans continue to think it "reasonable" and "normal" to own guns, stuff like this will continue to happen.
12-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Most of them were 5 year olds. He shot a class full of kindergarten kids, and their teachers, and the people from the office, the principal et all. 5 year olds. That's just beyond perverted.
12-14-2012, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

It's not the guns it's the PEOPLE and if it wasn't guns it would be homemade bombs, or poison or whatever else it takes. The choice weapon is pretty much utterly irrelevant. Those sick f- will do whatever they have to get the job done. A lack of guns didn't stop the people who planned 9-11. It didn't stop the Sarin Subway thing in Japan either. I do support tighter laws for gun ownership but I really don't think banishing guns will accommplish much except taking guns out of the hands of the very people who might in the right circumstances stop a monster like this. Think about it. One security guard in that school properly armed with a gun could have saved 27 people, including a class full of 5 year olds. I surely do wish there had been an armed security guard present. Or at least a gun locked in the teacher's desk, something.....
12-14-2012, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Reading comments on yahoo news... It AMAZES me that 99% of the people commenting say this has nothing to do with gun ownership in the U.S. A sort of mass insanity.
12-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
It's not the guns it's the PEOPLE
And if these PEOPLE didn't have guns, this would not have happened.

You need to be more discriminating about who you allow to join your "well regulated militia".
12-14-2012, 12:30 PM - 2 Likes   #15
Site Supporter

How about the Chinese guy who went nuts with a knife? BBC News - China school knife attack in Henan injures 22 children Do we also ban knives?

No, it is not the guns fault. I knew that people would start saying this stuff, but it simply isn't the case. It was the PEOPLE not the guns.
Closed Thread