Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lets play footy!!

As you can probably guess, I'm stuck in the office and a bit bored....thats when I come up with these ideas (sorry).

The Australian Football League (AFL) season 2008 will be underway in a few weeks and they are running their "Dream Team" competition again.
The dream team is where you get to pick & manage your own team, complete with salary cap, player trades etc etc. Its a lot of fun (well, imho anyway).
You can choose to enter your team into a designated league, so who is interested in registering a team (its all free) and forming our own league? If so, here is the link:

AFL Dream Team - AFL - Telstra BigPond

Anyone can play, obviously some knowledge of the game is helpful, but I think anyone could pick up the general thrust of the game and have a lot of fun with it. And I'm sure any non-Australians will get plenty of help from other Aussie forum members should they wish to play.

God help us if someone from overseas jumps in and cleans us all up!!

Interested? check it out and let us know what you think.

Cheers
Grant

02-16-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I've done this sort of thing before, but just found it too time consuming. Now I get confused, is this football as in soccer, rugby union or rugby league?
02-16-2008, 01:14 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I've done this sort of thing before, but just found it too time consuming. Now I get confused, is this football as in soccer, rugby union or rugby league?
chuckle.

Now come on mate , its The Great Game! :ugh:
02-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Ahhhh - table tennis?

Ooops, I forgot - Aussie Rules - quite a cool game.

But count me out.