Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
Of course you do. It is completely Obama's fault that congress has been stalemated for the last four years isn't it.
The first 2 years he had more of a majority including filibuster proof Senate than any President in a long time and still has a majority in the Senate. They still didn't pass a budget.

12-19-2012, 08:10 PM - 1 Like   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The first 2 years he had more of a majority including filibuster proof Senate than any President in a long time and still has a majority in the Senate. They still didn't pass a budget.
I seriously think President Obama is Jimmy Carter redux.
Heart essentially in the right place (on most issues), no clue how to accomplish anything.
12-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I seriously think President Obama is Jimmy Carter redux.
Heart essentially in the right place (on most issues), no clue how to accomplish anything.

I would take Mondale any day of the week over Biden.
12-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, but Biden is a pretty good comedy relief act.

12-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
All I'm hearing is sour grapes, losers' scorn, disparagement of the unattainable, jealous belittlement . . . when that's all one has to console oneself with, one might as well indulge it while Obama, fully deserving of Man of the Year, continues the work of lifting this society out of the stinkhole that the previous 8 years of chauvinist, warmongering, polluting, global warming-denying, gay hating, torturing, gun-toting leadership left the United States.
12-19-2012, 09:09 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

All I'm hearing is sour grapes, losers' scorn, disparagement of the unattainable, jealous belittlement . . . when that's all one has to console oneself with, one might as well indulge it while Obama, fully deserving of Man of the Year, continues the work of lifting this society out of the stinkhole that the previous 8 years of chauvinist, warmongering, polluting, global warming-denying, gay hating, torturing, gun-toting leadership left the United States.
Les , like I said in another thread, since the end of P&R is near please tell us just one more time about how you are a centrist.
12-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #22

That would be great if only he would stop digging the hole we are in deeper. And deeper. There were many better qualified people on the list. He didn't deserve the Nobel and he sure doesn't merit POTY. Which should now officially be known as POTtY.

12-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And how would you describe what you wrote? Love and compassion?
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
Nope, I'd describe it as sick of hearing all the lies, half-truths, and distortions about Obama, Hillary, or anyone else who is interfering with the Right's desire to make this country serve only the priviledged few.
12-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Les , like I said in another thread, since the end of P&R is near please tell us just one more time about how you are a centrist.
It's a stupid request. Read my posts over the years.
12-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #26
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
. Or dropping LSD.
12-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't see that much has changed, Les. We continued on the same course in Afghanistan and Iraq that George Bush had charted and will reach the end at the same time. There has been a lot of money blown on environmental companies that have gone out of business. As to torturing gay people, I honestly don't remember much of that in the Bush White House, but maybe they were terrorists?

The budget continues to be in terrible shape and a lousy health care law has been passed which doesn't appeal to either conservatives or to liberals. I was rooting for some type of universal health care law, Medicare for all, or something along those lines. Well, we know that didn't happen.

Gitmo is still open.

The lobbyists continue to run the show and write the laws. Maybe they are slightly different lobbyists than during the Bush years, but they are lobbyists none the less and this probably bothers me more than anything.

Because of our legislative system, the President does not bear the weight alone of all of these failures, but Obama has spent an awful lot of time just waiting for others to come up with plans, seldom taking the initiative to push a particular plan and therefore often seeing little results in the end.
12-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
I'd say it was an off-hand remark borne of frustration with a situation.
12-20-2012, 06:03 AM   #29
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Gitmo is still open
I'll start off with... In most types of wars/war actions there will be prisoners. There have always been and there always will be. Sure there are some true horror stories; especially in WWII, where even america interned entire families of the Japanese nationality.

...And even today there is still a need to imprison some people (unlike the above mentoned example) in relation to a type of war action, but....The united states of america is clearly violating the Geneva Conventions. There are over two hndred current examples today at Gitmo, but it gets worse. There are also over one thousand examples of america using extraordiary renditon all throughout the world; both directly and indirectly.

To think that america wonders why it has so many enemies that want nothing more to see a world without any form of the word america. Some of those enemies abroad, some of them internal
12-20-2012, 07:02 AM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
I'll start off with... In most types of wars/war actions there will be prisoners. There have always been and there always will be. Sure there are some true horror stories; especially in WWII, where even america interned entire families of the Japanese nationality.

...And even today there is still a need to imprison some people (unlike the above mentoned example) in relation to a type of war action, but....The united states of america is clearly violating the Geneva Conventions. There are over two hndred current examples today at Gitmo, but it gets worse. There are also over one thousand examples of america using extraordiary renditon all throughout the world; both directly and indirectly.

To think that america wonders why it has so many enemies that want nothing more to see a world without any form of the word america. Some of those enemies abroad, some of them internal
Since you don't capitalize America yet you do for Geneva are you one of them?
Closed Thread