Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Back Medicare for all and I'll personally campaign for lower taxes for you.. including eliminating all FICA..........

No you are angry and jealous some people get "stuff" and you don't...........

Don't go babbling on about free stuff when in fact we have had a free (and troublesome) military (and military industries backed by "free money") for decades.............and some want to give them MORE free money .. while taking things out of the hands of the poor.. TO BE perfectly honest.. that is a bit twisted............
I actually do support some form of a catastrophic centralized medical plan(details to be worked out). I don't support a womb to tomb plan though.

12-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
I actually do support some form of a catastrophic centralized medical plan(details to be worked out). I don't support a womb to tomb plan though.
"common ground" can be found anywhere... if one looks............
12-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
In all fairness, many people do not realize just how much in taxes and fees employers pay that workers don't
sure they do.. they also know that the "mechanic" doesn't get paid $60/hr. plus "materials"..................... nor the "plumber" $80/hr plus the "materials"......

Actually most (A)mericans are quite aware....and very accepting of inequality.. to a point.
Those that complain about the cost of labor for the mechanic/plumber/electrician RARELY are complaining about "THE" mechanic/plumber/electrician.......... unlike "THE" lawyer at $150/hr (sorry Gene it's not quite fair but you understand )
12-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I want to be able to buy a new 4 wheel drive truck every other year for 50k and not pay sales tax which is supposed to be for the business but is used 99% of the time for personal use. I want to be able to go to Vegas every year for a so called "business trip" and write the whole thing off. I'm not saying that business doesn't pay, but they do have benefits that others do not.

12-20-2012, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

12-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Seems as though I did
Nope. It's really not a difficult question to answer. Yes or no. Pick one.
12-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Nope. It's really not a difficult question to answer. Yes or no. Pick one.
Yes. I want to pay my fair share. I have no problem paying "my fair share".

Now the question becomes "What is that 'fair' share?"

12-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Yes. I want to pay my fair share. I have no problem paying "my fair share".

Now the question becomes "What is that 'fair' share?"
Not the question - try to pay attention. Are you a millionaire?
12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
So now that I answered your question - answer mine - are you one of the millionaires who don't want to pay your share?
Wasn't this the question? Or am I missing something?

The answer to that specific question is No. I am not one of the millionaires who doesn't want to pay my share.

Now answer my question. What is my "fair" share?
20%
30%
50%
75%
100%?

Or something else?
12-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Wasn't this the question? Or am I missing something?

The answer to that specific question is No. I am not one of the millionaires who doesn't want to pay my share.

Now answer my question. What is my "fair" share?
20%
30%
50%
75%
100%?

Or something else?
Something else. Flat tax for anyone above the poverty level with no deductions.
12-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #26
Veteran Member

The 'fair' share is whatever is set by law. This can and is changed over time; however the more frequent the changes the more uncertanity in the business community and the worse it is for hiring and expansion plans.

And let's just keep it to federal income tax. Are we talking about marginal rates or what the blended rate is? And are we talking 'taxable' income or income before credits and allowances?
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
The 'fair' share is whatever is set by law. This can and is changed over time; however the more frequent the changes the more uncertanity in the business community and the worse it is for hiring and expansion plans.

And let's just keep it to federal income tax. Are we talking about marginal rates or what the blended rate is? And are we talking 'taxable' income or income before credits and allowances?
Just because it is set by law doesn't mean it is fair.
12-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Something else. Flat tax for anyone above the poverty level with no deductions.
I'll go along for your flat tax.

But spending needs to be cut and not as wasteful
12-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #29
Veteran Member

How else is the $1.5 TRILLION Dollars worth of illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan going to be paid for? Spending cuts? Try there first. Either way, the debt needs to be paid for the follies of the past.

Jason
12-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Just because it is set by law doesn't mean it is fair.
Fair means everyone in the same circumstance is treated the same and that everyone has the same recourse under law.

Fair in the sense of one's own opinion is not fairness, it is personal opinion. This also changes based on how the issue is presented. A while back we'd discussed here the studies that show how Americans would think a fair division of income and/or wealth would look; very different than reality. And though Mitt Romney's tax rate is fair in the sense it is legal, I personally don't think it is so, and therefore I support those who would change it.