Original Poster
Since John is an Elvis fan
Since I haven't posted any of my pics on PF in a couple years
Since the board is about to close and soon to be deleted

Attached Images

12-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Why deleted????????????????????????????????????
12-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #33
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Once it's closed it serves no purpose.
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Once it's closed it serves no purpose.
THAT is a matter of opinion... please inform m Adam of my request to allow it to be archived... why erase history..

12-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll probably miss the place more than most. We live in Conservative country... my deep politcal discussion around here went like
local person 'you going to vote/"
me "yes"
local person "doesn't matter who you vote for same old guys going to win"

Sure enough come election day the incumbent Conservative won by 25,000 votes with two opposition parties getting 13,000 between them.
So political debate here in Whitney tends to be somewhat limited.
12-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #36
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

THAT is a matter of opinion... please inform m Adam of my request to allow it to be archived... why erase history.
Afraid your pearls of wisdom won't be preserved for posterity, Jeff?
12-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #37
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'll probably miss the place more than most. We live in Conservative country... my deep politcal discussion around here went like
me "yes"

Sure enough come election day the incumbent Conservative won by 25,000 votes with two opposition parties getting 13,000 between them.
Boring isn't always a bad thing, Norm. We could use a little boring, politically, in this country for a while. Even better would be a happy medium between boring and "what the hell are they going to pull next?"

12-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
me "yes"

Norm

When did you move to Alberta?

Provincially it is even worse, we have never had a political party lose an election and get back into power

Liberals
United Farmers of Alberta (still around and selling bulk fuel and binder twine)
Social Credit (37 years in power and in the pulpit, now a joke party being even to the right of the far right)
Progressive Conservatives since 1971

4 governments in 107 years
12-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter

Well. apparently my stopping posting wasn't enough to save P&R. So it goes.
It's too bad, I learned more good stuff about people from other countries, especially Americans, on this forum, while over at the DPR version, it's exactly the opposite....
Anyway, I suppose all good things must end, and while it's debatable that this forum is one of those, it's too bad to see it go.
12-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #40
Pentaxian

We may as well be Alberta, the biggest issue here is still gun registration, we live in hunting country, our mill lost a shift when Algonquin Park created a 1000 square kilometre no logging zone and the town has never recovered. You don't want to tell anyone in Whitney you think protecting wilderness might be a good idea, or that you might be an environmentalist. They'll tell you about all the people who lost their jobs so folks in Toronto could think they were doing a good thing. I actually agree with them on that point. Every inch of the park that's accessible is protected, as well as some very large buffer areas, and protected wildlife habitat. The rest is shelter cut. You could walk into an area they logged 2 weeks before at not know they've been there. Yet you still have organizations like CPAWs taking money from folks vowing to fight until every square inch of Algonquin is protected It's now about 40% protected. 40% of 7,000 square kilometres protected,apparently isn't enough. This for a park that was created in the 1890's to make sure the lumber companies would always have secure cutting areas. Campers came later.

But I digress,
Northern Ontario isn't much different than Alberta really. Just Albertans aren't smart enough to realize that the NDP would represent their interests better than the Cons in a lot of cases. You don't ever want to try and shut a Mill in an NDP controlled riding. The Cons will do what keeps the owners happy. The NDP will do what it takes to keep the workers employed. And in a lot of cases those are two different things.
12-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Afraid your pearls of wisdom won't be preserved for posterity, Jeff?
to was hard for me to request it.. considering an obvious vested interest.. but no that is really not the over riding concern.. Just seemed so totalitarian.........
and unnecessary...........
12-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
To leave it open for people to link to or cite will only invite misuse and contamination of the remaining forum.

At least that's my take on it.
12-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #43
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

totalitarian..........
Totalitarian? A system of government that is centralised and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state
Is that how PF is viewed?

Rules are there to allow us to keep the forum civil.
Having P&R has been a difficult prospect to have it so.
If there wasn't so much problematic stuff going on there it probably wouldn't have been voted on to go.
12-21-2012, 05:16 PM - 1 Like   #44
Veteran Member

I just counted, out of the 26 Christmas cards on my Father's living room tables, 19 of them are printed in China.

So, 圣诞快乐) to everyone!

Jason
12-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #45
Veteran Member

The only things that will be saved from P&R are threads that clearly dealt with photography. Over the next wek and a half or so, I will be going over the entire history of P&R to move these into Gen Photo (the only place where "politics related to photography" will be allowed). All the rest, from gun rights to gay rights and everything in between will be gone gone gone...

Mike
PF Moderation Team
Closed Thread