Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-21-2012, 06:35 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Only 55? Youngster!! Happy Birthday, Jussi!

When I log on to PF, the P&R section was the first one I opened. A lot of interesting posts, and a fair number of WTF???? stuff also. I wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season and good shooting (Pentax, not assault weapons).

12-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Only 55? Youngster!! Happy Birthday, Jussi!

When I log on to PF, the P&R section was the first one I opened. A lot of interesting posts, and a fair number of WTF???? stuff also. I wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season and good shooting (Pentax, not assault weapons).
How about shooting pictures of assault weapons?

Happy Birthday Jussi

Merry Christmas one and all.

And to all a good night.

Last edited by JohnInIndy; 12-21-2012 at 07:25 AM.
12-21-2012, 06:58 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I will miss you all and talking about current events, philosophy, politics... And now I'll have to find another distraction during work hours, there's only so much one can talk about cameras and photography

(by the way I turn 55 today so the Mayan odometer isn't the only one turning over...)
Happy Birthday!
12-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Coming from a 'foreigner' (an Aussie) it is always good to be able to get a quick cross section of US opinion. (and this is as good a place as any to get opinions!)
I'll miss this place.
Yep................

12-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I'll let John and Yoko say it for me...LOL >-

12-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"A" Game

I often commented to my wife regarding the PF that you better bring your "A" game when treading in the PR Forum and that to not learn something there one would have to be unconscience or worse. I will sorely miss the polite combat and the insistance and rigor of truth. To all you guys and gals that participated in the PR forum, I thank you and I will miss the energy.
12-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I just wanted to say that I will miss this little section of debate and crazy loyalty to ones beliefs. I have been here since the section opened but am not the most prolific poster and have grown to look forward to posts from many of the regulars i tend not to agree with the majority here but i love listening to them argue. I have felt like a minority here (Republican after all) but for the most part have been treated with respect and hope that i have been respectful to my fellow Pentaxians. I will miss this forum as it has kept me informed about things i wasn't aware of and gave me a place to talk about politics with people as passionate about it as i am. Farewell to the experiment it has been a fun ride while it lasted and to the regular posters its been good sparing with you .

12-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I very much enjoyed the "give and take" of P & R, and I'm sorry to see it go. As others have said, it brought many diverse viewpoints on many issues which I might otherwise have missed. Most posts showed a lot of thought, even if I disagreed with some of them.

Adam, if we promise to "play nice" maybe you'll ressurect P & R sometime, now that the world hasn't ended? The prediction was for the demise of the Twinkie, BTW.
12-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I have participated in a few other P&R type sections of other hobbyist forums. No where near the decorum and intelligience as the PF P&R section. However, I do think that PF is right to get rid of it.
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
I have participated in a few other P&R type sections of other hobbyist forums. No where near the decorum and intelligience as the PF P&R section. However, I do think that PF is right to get rid of it.
Why? I guess I haven't seen the spill over or the really bad threads. I haven't seen any real mud slinging.

It is easy to not click on the P&R forum or to just ignore a thread or poster.
12-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Why? I guess I haven't seen the spill over or the really bad threads. I haven't seen any real mud slinging.

IRONIC isn't it............
12-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
Mail order gun ad from '59

Poor GAF attempting camera control...

12-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #28
Veteran Member

12-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote

I don't think that PF should assume any liabilities (whether they be legal liabilities or any others) by providing a vehicle where arguments could result in someone becoming unhinged and doing something stupid. I suppose it could happen on a crochet forum, but I think that the general consensus is that arguing about politics and religion is much more volatile than arguing about knitting needles. That is just what I have seen happen on other forums, warranted or perhaps not.
12-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote

Happy Birthday Jussi

Merry Christmas one and all.

And to all a good night.
Probably does not qualify as an assault weapon but it is the closest I could fine and to make you happy it was at taxpayers expense. Still waiting for the Brits to let me fire one of their Challengers

Portrait of a gun control advocate
Attached Images

Closed Thread