Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow, look what happened while I took a break.

It has been a pleasure.

It might also be my last post on the board and last dollar donated. I'm thinking this over. It is very disappointing. I would have been happy to take a turn at moderating if deleting the nasties was a problem.

Last edited by GeneV; 12-21-2012 at 07:09 PM.
12-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #47
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gene,
As a matter of interest, why would P&R closure prompt you to leave for forum? What is your motivation for donation?
If photography matters to you, would you not contribute to the photography subfora rather than make the P&R forum the reason why you are a PF member?
12-21-2012, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Gene,
As a matter of interest, why would P&R closure prompt you to leave for forum? What is your motivation for donation?
If photography matters to you, would you not contribute to the photography subfora?
Frankly, I feel a little betrayed as a long-time participant who has worked hard to stay within the rules and has enjoyed that the rules were mostly followed over the years. I was at least consulted on a wine forum which considered and then dropped the same proposal after some conversation with the participants. The decision there was to focus on the troublemaker.

I found it unique, special and productive that this board allowed members to converse on all topics. It made it a special place. We got to know each other more fully. It has been true in boards about other subjects which have political threads. Believe it or not,over the years, I have had far more enlightening conversations about politics outside of a forum devoted to politics. Political-only fora are far less civil than this one. The photography side can get a little stale, too, with the same tired arguments about FF, SDM and the lack of a VF in the K-01, among other repeat topics. Time is limited. Having both here also makes it one stop where an interesting discussion in either realm can be found.

Last edited by GeneV; 12-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.
12-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #49
Veteran Member

i cant talk for Gene but i can tell you that one reason that i am questioning my continued support of the forum is that i dont feel that as somoene that is supporting the this website even in a small way that my desires are being heard at all. i know that i am not a mod or anything like that but i would have felt the people that are site supporters could have at least been notified about the section being closed and even asked for their opinions about it. i have to say to me it just left me with a sense of we have no say in it even if we contribute money its decided by a small group of people without a larger sense of input from the forum as a whole and that has made me rethink continued support. i dont have to financially support the site to be a lurker after all. I felt that since i was an active posting member that i should support the forum but as i have said before the vast majority of my posts have been in the P&R section of this forum

12-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #50

Have to admit I feel the same way. Although I am not a site supporter on this go round when I was here originally I was. Most of my posts back then were in other parts of the forum and not P&R Don't get me wrong. I made plenty of posts here but even more in other parts. Especially post processing since that's what I do for a living. This part is one of the things that set this entire forum above the rest out there.
12-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
i cant talk for Gene but i can tell you that one reason that i am questioning my continued support of the forum is that i dont feel that as somoene that is supporting the this website even in a small way that my desires are being heard at all. i know that i am not a mod or anything like that but i would have felt the people that are site supporters could have at least been notified about the section being closed and even asked for their opinions about it. i have to say to me it just left me with a sense of we have no say in it even if we contribute money its decided by a small group of people without a larger sense of input from the forum as a whole and that has made me rethink continued support. i dont have to financially support the site to be a lurker after all. I felt that since i was an active posting member that i should support the forum but as i have said before the vast majority of my posts have been in the P&R section of this forum
Jon, I think that expresses some of my feeling as well. Funny that we agree most closely on something pertaining to the forum closing.

To both you and George, it has been enlightening and pleasant, even if we disagree.
12-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Jon, I think that expresses some of my feeling as well. Funny that we agree most closely on something pertaining to the forum closing.

To both you and George, it has been enlightening and pleasant, even if we disagree.
Gene, if we all agreed what would we learn?

It has been a privilege and an honor

12-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Gene, if we all agreed what would we learn?

It has been a privilege and an honor
Absolutely.
12-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good riddens. Clean up the mess and use the resulting bandwidth for more pictures.

edit:"It's riddance". Thanks for that graphicgr8s, the semi-useless spell-checker failed me.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 12-21-2012 at 08:42 PM.
12-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
If there wasn't so much problematic stuff going on there it probably wouldn't have been voted on to go.
Now I regret turning down the offer to be a mod. Just out of curiosity what was the for / against vote total? No names please.
BTW is there anychance that with only hours left we can get this thread back on track?
12-21-2012, 08:31 PM - 1 Like   #56

It's riddance

Just sayin'
Bless your heart
12-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #57
Veteran Member

I have to say it has been a pleasure getting to know everyone here and I will miss the interactions. Gene I think we have agreed on some other things before but admittedly not a heck of a lot but our disagreements have always been civil.
12-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #58

Any one notice RML hasn't posted? I think I might miss her if she doesn't check in tonight.
12-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Any one notice RML hasn't posted? I think I might miss her if she doesn't check in tonight.
Like me, she probably had no idea. I would not have gotten into this thread if I weren't checking one time before driving back to Texas for the holidays.
12-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #60
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well she does have a holliday going but I sincerely hope I didn't hurt her feelings a few days back.
Miss Rat know that I mean it when I say I've enjoyed talking to you.
Closed Thread