Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I looked it over and I didn't see anything about the Navy receiving a patent for a Cold Fusion process. More like how to convert smelly garbage to less smelly garbage. So some garbage smells bad for 10,000 years...and through their "process method" it now only smells bad for 5,000 years. That might be of significance if we lived to be 10,000 years old...but we haven't reached that stage yet, although I bet some of these same guys are working on it and will accomplish it......Next Year!
If cleaning up garbage is what Cold Fusion is all about, this will be big! If not, we are still searching that giant bun for some real beef.

Regards!
you read funny.. Transmutations of things at "room temp" is by stretching the definition
"cold fusion"..

QuoteQuote:
Particles are generated from the application of method 10. As used herein, the term "generated" is used to refer to the forming of particles through a process involving chemical and, depending upon the substrate, magnetic interaction. Examples of the types of particles generated and detected may include, but are not limited to: alpha particles, beta particles, gamma rays, energetic protons, deuterons, tritons, and neutrons. The particles generated by the implementations of method 10 may have various applications. For example, the generated particles may be captured by other nuclei to create new elements, may be used to remediate nuclear waste, may be used to create strategic materials, or may be used to treat cancerous tumors
like someone said..this is a big f-n deal....just read the references........................and prior art

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect2=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/net...ery=PN/8419919

the beef it not "if" but when...obviously my when is not your when..if you are even a when.........

for fun.........
http://consciouslifenews.com/patterson-power-cell-cold-fusion-energy-clean-r...-waste/115725/

QuoteQuote:
To my knowledge, the ability of cold fusion cells to neutralize radioactive nuclear byproducts and waste was first reported with James Patterson’s Power Cell of the mid 1990s. On the American television Good Morning America in 1997, ABC science editor Michael Guillen had James Patterson prove it. A cup of uranium in water was measured for radioactivity and the Geiger counter measured over 300. In this demonstration, the radioactive water was cycled through Patterson’s cell and the radiation was reduced by 50% in a matter of a few hours. A point of reference, uranium normally has a half-life billions of years. The fact that the Patterson cell was able to neutralize the sample by 50% in such a short period of time is indeed remarkable. This demonstration was recording using time-lapse video but, unfortunately, and somewhat inexplicably, that video is nowhere to be found anywhere on the Internet. However, a transcript of that program is available here.
http://e-catsite.com/2012/06/27/cold-fusion-the-nuclear-option/
QuoteQuote:
As been pointed out before, the obstacles that face cold fusion currently are now as much about politics, public perception and the ability to get people to “buy in” to it (both literally and figuratively), as they are about the viability of the technology itself. Given that, any additional benefits that it can bring the table, besides virtually inexhaustible, cheap, green energy, will certainly be of benefit. The fact is, cold fusion does face competition in the energy market from both traditional sources and others currently being developed, but it has virtually no competition in terms of its ability to neutralize radiation and radioactive waste. That fact alone makes it worthy of serious consideration and funding, both public and private
but my favorite line.......
QuoteQuote:
Dr. Frank Gordon, formerly employed by the US Navy’s SPAWAR. Many probably remember Dr. Gordon from the 2009 presentation at the University of Missouri Twenty-Year History of Lattice-Enabled Nuclear Reactions (LENR) – Hiding in Plain Sight, in which he detailed the Navy’s 20 year history of LENR research, including 23 year peer-reviewed papers.
Want heat???
QuoteQuote:
The variable magnetic field was generated with an alternating current fed to a metal coil around the reaction container. The frequency of the alternating current could be adjusted up to the megahertz (MHz) range to provide control of the solid state fusion reactions inside the reaction container. [0363] The system produced mostly relatively low energy photons (X-ray photons or deep UV photons) and the gamma radiation was very weak. In spite of that the system generated at least 5 kW of thermal energy with less than 1 kW input power. It is herein hypothesized that excitation state of the metastable fused nucleus (e.g. nickel-hydrogen) was so long-lived that the excitation state of the nucleus was capable of decaying via the energy transfer to K-shell electrons and resulting in X-ray photon emission. Generated thermal energy was removed by the cooling fluid circulation from the reaction container. The amount of collected thermal energy was at least 6 times larger than the energy used for pre-heating and controlling the reaction container (COP > 6). After the tests the reaction cartridge was de-pressurized and let to cool to room temperature for several days while the amount of residual radiation was monitored. Highly radioactive isotopes were not observed.
http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/description?CC=WO&NR=20130...C&locale=en_EP

or gas..
QuoteQuote:
Assuming that an electric car travelling at 80 km / h consumes about 20 kWh / 100 km, the amount of electric energy produced from almost 48 g of titanium and slightly over 1 g of hydrogen is enough for driving that electric car for 270000 kilometers. Estimating that up to 10 % of the electricity (COP =10) is used for operating the fusion system, about 240000 km driving distance is still feasible with the single fuel cartridge.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 07-15-2013 at 03:01 PM.
07-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #152
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
you read funny.. Transmutations of things at "room temp" is by stretching the definition
"cold fusion"..
So melting ice cream is a big thing around your place, I'm guessing?

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
but my favorite line.......
It's a line, but the beef is still nowhere in sight. When you can go into Walmart and buy one these miracles off the shelf, then you can say "Big Deal" and back it up. Until then, it is like a squirrel in a box...a lot of commotion, and plenty of nuts all around, but not much in the way of anything new. Of course, "Next Year" is only six months away, and I'm sure it will all burst on the scene like the fireworks on New Years Eve...right???

Regards!
07-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #153
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Between cold fusion and respectable science there is virtually no communication at all.…because the Cold-Fusioners see themselves as a community under siege, there is little internal criticism. Experiments and theories tend to be accepted at face value, for fear of providing even more fuel for external critics, if anyone outside the group was bothering to listen. In these circumstances, crackpots flourish, making matters worse for those who believe that there is serious science going on here … What all these experiments really need is critical examination by accomplished rivals intent on proving them wrong. That is part of the normal functioning of science. Unfortunately, in this area, science is not functioning normally. There is nobody out there listening.”

Why "Cold Fusion" Has to Die - Forbes

funny.. from the "show me" state..

https://news.missouri.edu/2013/07/02/tabletop-nuclear-fusion/

Last edited by jeffkrol; 07-15-2013 at 06:37 AM.
07-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #154
Veteran Member

Interesting stuff Jeff....I appreciate all you supply, I am getting an education on LENR, Cold Fusion, or whatever you want to call it. Perhaps if they change the name all this controversy will go away? Turkey Burger never did quite catch on, and that old lady wouldn't be fooled by it, no doubt, but with LENR, it might be worth a try? Fowl Fusion? Sounds like a good start!

As for the Univ of Mo......I can't think of a University on Earth that wouldn't do research on little elves that live in the center of the earth if the funding was right....can you? Investors, fund raisers, money grabbers....unfortunately too much "science" is driven by these forces nowadays. Is LENR one of them? Pardon...I mean Fowl Fusion?

Regards!

07-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #155
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Interesting stuff Jeff....I appreciate all you supply, I am getting an education on LENR, Cold Fusion, or whatever you want to call it. Perhaps if they change the name all this controversy will go away? Turkey Burger never did quite catch on, and that old lady wouldn't be fooled by it, no doubt, but with LENR, it might be worth a try? Fowl Fusion? Sounds like a good start!

As for the Univ of Mo......I can't think of a University on Earth that wouldn't do research on little elves that live in the center of the earth if the funding was right....can you? Investors, fund raisers, money grabbers....unfortunately too much "science" is driven by these forces nowadays. Is LENR one of them? Pardon...I mean Fowl Fusion?

Regards!
LENR gets diddly squat in financing U-Mo's 6mil not withstanding

As to "hot fusion"

Have we spent too much on fusion?
Who has the money to lose?????

and they want more?? On a possible dead end.. theory be darned..
QuoteQuote:

Some perspective:

Those 57 years of fusion research cost less than half of what congress wants to spend this year on Stealth bombers ($68.1 Billion) - each stealth bomber costs around $512 million, so that’s one year of fusion research.
57 years of fusion research costs as much as 72 days of war in Afghanistan and Iraq. To visualize this, check out this infographic.
57 years of fusion research costs as much as one year of health industry research. Health is important, but this is a good opportunity to reflect on the routine practice of pharmaceutical companies in R&D - they spend billions on trials of new pharmaceuticals, many of which do not make it to the marketplace. They consider this a cost of business, rather than waste or failure.
57 years of fusion research is equal to one fifth of Wall Street executive bonuses this year ($144 Billion).
This is a little more than what BP had to put aside for the gulf oil spill ($20 Billion).
The United Arab Emirates dropped a quick $20 billion on building an experimental Carbon Neutral City.
Americans spent $2 Billion on life coaches, $500 million on self-help tapes, and $180 million on male pedicures in one year (per Harley Davidson Ad).
Here’s an interesting essay using a “Manhattan Project” perspective

Underfunded, underestimated

While some would argue that fusion has been “oversold”, it’s more accurate to say that it has been “underestimated.” Underestimation leads to underfunding and inadequate resources to do the job.
Care to rethink that 6 million????

each stealth bomber costs around $512 million, so that’s one year of (hot) fusion research.

As they say.. follow the money.................

QuoteQuote:
Unfortunately, at this time, no particular (hot)fusion approach can guarantee that it will deliver net energy, so a policy of hedging bets seems useful. As Ed Moses says, once they build their device, “either it will work, or we’ll learn some interesting physics.” As Dmitri Ryutov has said, fusion needs a few “pleasant physics surprises.”
07-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #156
Veteran Member

I'm just guessing......Exxon/Mobil isn't a big contributor to the LENR research? If carbon based energy could be replaced tomorrow, where would they be? I don't see them with much concern, they haven't seen any beef either, just a lot of smoke and mirrors, and that won't power your Ford or Chevrolet!

Regards!
07-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #157
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I'm just guessing......Exxon/Mobil isn't a big contributor to the LENR research? If carbon based energy could be replaced tomorrow, where would they be? I don't see them with much concern, they haven't seen any beef either, just a lot of smoke and mirrors, and that won't power your Ford or Chevrolet!

Regards!
Look closely enough and you might find that the oil companies are getting involved in other forms of energy. Sure, they will continue to go after every last drop of oil that is tucked away in the Earth's crust. But they have the financial resources to invest in the development of energy technologies that will ensure their continued existence and profitability.

I have seen some very large solar and wind projects that BP is involved with. You can bet that Exxon/Mobil, Shell and Texaco are working on similar things too.

07-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #158
Veteran Member

I know they are Racer...but I haven't seen them getting nervous over LENR. Wind and solar , yes, they are investing but I have to wonder how much of that is for publicity and how much is out of concern for the environment? Maybe I am cynical...OK, I am.....but I find that "follow the money" works almost every time and the findings are almost always the same. Someone won, and someone lost. Just "doing the right thing" went out of fashion ages ago........if it was ever even in fashion???

Regards!
07-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #159
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I Someone won, and someone lost. Just "doing the right thing" went out of fashion ages ago........if it was ever even in fashion???

Regards!

Definitely off this topic.. but food for thought re: "morality" or lack of it.......

QuoteQuote:
2. There’s nothing bad about what he did except try to sell squirrely investments to willing, professional, sophisticated buyers. But that’s his job! CDOs are squirrely. Everybody knows that. CDOs, we used to say on the desk, are “sold, not bought.” Meaning, once you’ve placed them in a client’s portfolio, pray they never ask to sell them back to you. You do not want to buy them back. They’re too squirrely.
Read more: Lawsuit Against Fabrice Tourre Is A Joke - Business Insider
07-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #160
Veteran Member

Well, we don't want to get off into politics or religion, with talk about crooks and moral values...but you do have to wonder how much LENR is driven by those seeking investments in this "revolutionary savior of the world"??? Would it be going too far to believe that...maybe even the Navy...or other prestigious entities would stoop so far as to use LENR as a fundraising tool? Not for me! If you can think of something that won't be done for money, you have found something more rare that cold fusion on your dining room table!

Regards!
07-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #161
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

If you can think of something that won't be done for money, you have found something more rare that cold fusion on your dining room table!
"Money can't buy everything, but let's not get confused. The things that money cannot buy are very seldom used." ~ Nipsey Russel
07-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #162
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
. . . . . . but I have to wonder how much of that is for publicity and how much is out of concern for the environment?
It is never about the environment. The bottom line is the only motivating factor.

Always.
07-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #163

Regards!
it is right that oil company bet on all horses, oil, renewable, shales, offshore, nuke... and LENR:

Shell have funded the work of CNAM (a french University/Lab of top level) .
Amocco have funded LENR research which found tritium, and Shell gamechange initiative caugh some interest fro LENR
Shell Gamechanger and LENR

SAIPEM, of ENI group is attending conference on cold fusion in Italy
SAIPEM, LENR and E-cat

Exxon is reported to have met Defkalion and said that they will give proposal... later...
ToVima.gr: on Defkalion

--
AlainCo the techwatcher of lenr-forum.
07-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alain_Co Quote
it is right that oil company bet on all horses, oil, renewable, shales, offshore, nuke... and LENR:

Shell have funded the work of CNAM (a french University/Lab of top level) .
Amocco have funded LENR research which found tritium, and Shell gamechange initiative caugh some interest fro LENR
Shell Gamechanger and LENR

SAIPEM, of ENI group is attending conference on cold fusion in Italy
SAIPEM, LENR and E-cat

Exxon is reported to have met Defkalion and said that they will give proposal... later...
ToVima.gr: on Defkalion

--
AlainCo the techwatcher of lenr-forum.

I see, which reminds me, keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. Oil Giants are not fools, if LENR does come about, they will own it.

Regards!
07-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #165
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Feel free to connect a few "dots"..................
LENR News and Research ? Tomorrow: 2001 Oak Ridge Nuclear Cavitation Confirmation Uncovered

http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com/2012/08/defkalion-says-heni-is-more-proper-name.html
Closed Thread