Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
12-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #136
Forum Member

Best Christmas gift since my Red Ryder BB Gun

My wife and kids and got a X-5 (Silver) for me ! Wow, was I surprised. After a K200D and a K20D (Titanium) in my past, I wanted a lighter camera I could tote around on trips and the airlines.

When you get older it is really nice to have a lighter camera with all the bells and whistles and not worry about your lens .

I've had a great time so far with my new baby. I attached an old hand grip. I am glad Pentax kept so many things consistent.

I will need Eneloop batteries. I can use some gift cards for those purchases !

12-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #137

My brother found for me a pretty much NIB Kodak Senior Six-16 film cam (circa 1937) at an estate sale. Myself, I picked up a Sony RX100 and an Olympus XZ-2. Had budgeted for one, then got a bonus at work so I bought both.

And a t-shirt and hot chocolate, and a Yankee Candle.
12-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #138
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got a Medium Yellow Old navy sweater for Christmas.. And I'm not even a medium! and I hate yellow... Anyway I got myself a new k5! can't wait to get it! happy holidays everyone !
12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rt22306 Quote
My brother found for me a pretty much NIB Kodak Senior Six-16 film cam (circa 1937) at an estate sale. Myself, I picked up a Sony RX100 and an Olympus XZ-2. Had budgeted for one, then got a bonus at work so I bought both.

Hey, I'm sure most of us would love to know how the RX100 and XZ-2 do against each other in the weeks and months ahead. Please be sure to post your conclusions in the non-Pentax forum. At my house, it was a pretty good Pentax Christmas haul: a DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited, a Sigma 30mm f/1.4, an 06 zoom for the Q, a K-01 body and an AF540 flash unit. Both the Sigma/30 and K-01 body were purchased by me in November and promptly given to my wife to be wrapped for Christmas. This was an unusually rich Christmas... done in preparation for some real belt-tightening likely by the end of 2013. My wife got a ring from me that she'd been wanting for a very long time - worth all of my Christmas gear together.

12-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #140
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rt22306 Quote

Wonderful gift! Too bad you can't get film for it.
01-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #141
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
The VIP camera club membership with use of the lab from your girlfriend sounds way cool! It reminds me to look into the camera club in my hometown of Richmond, VA. I gave the gift of photography (photos mounted on cardstock with handmade colored envelopes matching the photography). One of the Richmond traditions I participated in was walking down Monument Avenue and seeing the mansions with their fantastic Christmas decorations and lights. This was the third time I have tried night shooting and I didn't want to take a tripod (the homes are on the street, most keep their doors open with see-through wood/glass storm doors showing the gorgeous trees and decorations indoors too.) so most of my pictures were a bit blurred. The photo of the "Christmas Car" an old white cadillac decorated by a male resident every year and parked on the corner, was the best. The white flash in the front seat is Santa looking somewhat sinister, lit from above or beneath. I have included some pictures I took this month close to home for Christmas cards and a family Christmas tree.

Thank you for all that you do. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Last edited by captureit; 07-22-2017 at 11:59 AM.
01-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #142

I bought myself a K30 for my birthday in early December to replace my pair of K10s, and my wife surprised me with the double-A battery adapter and the 40mm f2.8 lens as well as a 16gig card for Christmas.

01-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #143
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Thanks, the IWC Pilot's Chrono will make a good beater watch to alternate with my Oris Darryl O'Young Limited Edition.

The best Christmas present I gave myself was last year with the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph. Just a superb watch.
Did you just call an IWC a 'beater'? Most of my beaters have had batteries. I guess it's all relative when you have a Royal Oak as well.