Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I got myself a new body , litterally..... 4 months of boot camp has shed some pounds and inches which will be really be abused today It's 08:15 am here now , the "kids" are over , still sleeping (times have changed) so we are waiting for them to get up. I did get a new PENTAX GPS Unit O-GPS1 which I have been playing with (arrived last week) as my lovely wife saw me looking at it online and made me add to cart. Anxious to try the astrotracer feature just need some clear skies.

12-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #77
Pentaxian

So far I have not opened all the presents... but already I got a DA 15mm Limited, a DA 21mm Limited, (possibly a 40mm Limited) and a 70mm Limited

Heie, you sound like you have a winner of a girl. If she's stuck by you while you have been over doing your service that says a lot. Don't be dumb man! LOL!

I wish I had someone like that... THAT would be an AWESOME gift Sounds like you are making all the right moves.

I don't have said girl though, hence I was able to finally afford all the lenses.
12-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I/we got our christmas presents really early this year, back in July we took the family on a two week vacation(we have never been on vacation) when we came accross some money, before we went I upgraded from my K-X to a K-5/18~135 lens/BG4 grip/"Capture" by Peak Design camera belt clip/ and a camera belt for the clip, all that for the trip that I shot at least 4000 shots on. we knew and agreed that this will be for our Christmas this year because we knew we would be broke come Christmas....we was good with that.
I am still liking my gift from last year and that is my 2012 Camaro, and this year we got my wife a Jeep Wrangler.
Our girls made out like bandits this year for Christmas(I really believe in getting things for the children for Christmas before getting something for my self or my wife, if we want something then we just end up getting what we want when we have the money) Both of my eldest daughters (one is 16, and the other is 21) got laptops and are happier than clams, they really needed them for their schoolwork, one is in college and the other is in highschool and taking classes for Briany kids (super intelligent young lady, I am so proud of her) They had computers that pretty much still had windows 98 on them and were dieing, now that they have something with windows 7 on them they are so stoked. My youngest got a bunch of stuff from her favorite boy band.
When we get some taxes back I might be looking towards a nice "birding" zoom lens, mayge a big ol Sigma lens.
For right now I am just happy as can be sitting here with family with my K-5 in hand and taking many shots with it, that's all I really wanted for Christmas.
QuoteOriginally posted by ENicolas Quote
I got myself a Wacom Intuos5 medium - of course my birthday is this month, too - so it's for both!
Those are sweet, I have had my Wacom Intuos 4 Medium for three years now and I use it 90% of the time on my computer, using it will become second nature to you in a short time. Try and get yourself an Art pen for it, it has tilt and rotate sensitivity, that of which the regular pen doesn't have.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pheo Quote
Attachment 152650 My new Pentax AF360FGZ plus new collapsible softbox and stand, means I now have a two light setup controlled via wireless pttl! :-)
I gotta get myself into doing flash photography this next year, that looks like a sweet set up.
12-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. B Quote
I'm not sure it's appropriate so say this here, but my Christmas present was selling all of my Pentax gear, getting more money than I payed for it and buying a used Panasonic GF1 and 14/2.5, 20/1.7 and 45/1.8 lenses

So, I guess this is one of my last posts here unless I decide to buy Pentax again in the future
You can put Pentax lenses on that thing you know...grin...You don't have to give up Pentax glass entirely just because you got a M43 body...

12-25-2012, 08:34 AM - 2 Likes   #80

I had my Christmas on Friday the 21st. I was the photographer for Santa at OSF Childrens Hospital in Peoria, IL. Santa gave gifts to all the children in the hospital (over 100 children). I was able to capture the smiles of joy and the tears from the parents and a few from Santa as we tried to bring christmas to these kids. I was pulled aside by the social worker an asked to take a picture of this child for his mother. That's all she wanted was a picture of her child and a place to call home. I was able to give her the first. This tugged at my heart along with some of the other children in the hospital. I presented the picture and a colledtion of $160 to give th this mother to help her out. The social worker convinced me to donate my photography skills to capture the images of children that aren't going to survive to give to the parents. This is my gift to give to others far less fortunate then myself. I ask others to "PAY IT FORWARD". I hope everyone the best in 2013.
12-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #81

a perfect gift

I got a perfect gift ( but I made all by myself!) for a Pentaxian : a splendid DA 12-24 for my K5
Merry Christmas and happy New Year full of peace and joy for all from Italy
12-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Screaming Yellow K01 and a DA21 to go along with the DA40 and DA15 lenses I already own.

More importantly, a visit from 3 of my granddaughters, two of which I have only seen once. With a 5 year old and 1.5 year old twins, the K01 should get some good use making videos over the next few days.

Ray

12-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #83

A nice Christmas present I got was an approval of a photo entry ("Sacrifice for Enlightenment 9067") at Pentax Photo Gallery.
PENTAX : PENTAX Photo Gallery artist page

Another one that's coming up this week is a pre-loved K2 SLR. Hope to be able to practice film photography with this one. It's been around 35 years since I last did film photography so it's going to be like starting at square one again.

Am going to give a Pinoy Pentaxian t-shirt each as a Christmas gift to a couple of Pentaxian friends here in the Philippines!

A blessed Christmas season to everyone!
12-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #84
Veteran Member

I ordered this and it arrived yesterday.

Last edited by Fl_Gulfer; 04-26-2017 at 08:35 PM.
12-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #85
Keebler

For myself, I bought a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 HSM lens.

For the kids, they did just fine. Nothing over the top, but enough to keep them happy

Visiting with lots of family this week too.

Merry Christmas and best wishes to all for 2013!
12-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #86
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
We won't open gifts till the kids and grandkids get hyere later today. I am hoping that with all the hints and photo's strategically placed around the house that there may be a blue k-30 under the tree.
Good luck!
12-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #87
Veteran Member

I was surpised with a Bell Howell Flash and an BB 350 Flash Bracket and other assorted camera related stuff.
I am a happy camper
Theo
12-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #88
Veteran Member

congrats all on your Christmas tidings.

I gifted my wife a Nikon AW100 water/shock proof camera. My mom got a Q10. My dad received a usb sound card and a new guitar pedal.

My niece will receive my old K100D and AF220T flash for Christmas tonight, her little sister will get a Polaroid Pic300.

I love having family members that love photography.

The nephews are getting other items... the younger one I got him some Warhammer figurines (war strategy game) and some Walking Dead comic books. The older brother will get a remote control Helicopter.

Wife got me a Nikon D600 and a vintage Gibson RD Custom guitar. In addition to that a Winnipeg Jets Jersey. I'm most excited about the jersey!

Parents got me a photography vest, and then another item that has yet to come due to Canadian customs. I didn't give anyone a Christmas wish list this year as I didn't really want anything, so I'll be very surprised by whatever it is.

Then the wife and I got a bunch of gift cards and cash to use at baby stores as we are expecting this summer.

So even though for me Christmas isn't really about the presents, it's about the family and friends. It was a great Christmas for everyone. To me, my greatest gift will be chilling with my nieces and nephews over the next 2 days.
12-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I completely surprised myself with a negative scanner. All that film shot with my K1000 is coming back to life.
12-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #90
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
...My daughter and a friend cooked up the Feast of the 7 Fishes with an Adirondack twist as most of the fish was locally caught Trout, Salmon, Walleye along with store bought Cod, Haddock, Swordfish, Shrimp and some others I can't remember. A truly good time. ...
Damn! I should have crashed your party. I have missed the seven fishes thing since my father passed away twenty years ago. Glad you enjoyed it.

Got the kid a slew of Disney figurines including several Daisy Ducks. She is a bit more rare than the others. Got the wife a canvas print of double decker buses from a local artist that she liked. As far as presents go for myself I splurged on some LED light bulbs from our friends in China. Same price as the halogens that I get from the local hardware store that are also made in China. I hope that the LED's last a lot longer.

Merry holidays to all and wishing everyone a happy new year for 2013.