Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Photo opportunity missed...

Well sort of...

It was raining all day and night here, even had some tornados so I left my camera home when I left for work today. Well it stopped raining finally so I took a break and went for a walk around the complex at about 8:30PM. We have hundreds of trees on the complex and light posts intertwined between them, perfect time for some night photos because the trees, without the leaves are making some awesome light affects with the lamp posts so close to them. I had never noticed this before but for some reason all of the limbs and little twigs formed a circular pattern and looked like a spider web when you looked at one of the lamps though the trees. Anyone know what I am talking about?

I didnt have my camera but I had my camera phone so I snapped some shots off. I will look at them when I get home and see how they turned out. I may come back over the weekend if the weather is the same and see if I can get some better shots.

01-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

yeah, i know what ur talking about w/ the spider effect....

always noticed those, but never thought about taking pics of them
01-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

This post kinda reminds me of Unphotographable: a text account of pictures missed.
01-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well I am home, here is the picture that I took with my phone, it was very hard to get good color and white balance, near impossible actually so I took it in B&W and I had to kinda shoot off to the side, but here it is. You can sorta see the affect as the limbs move from top to bottom.

I will be ready on the next rainy day for sure!

Last edited by Buddha Jones; 04-22-2007 at 09:42 PM.
01-06-2007, 06:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

not bad for a camera phone
01-07-2007, 05:22 AM   #6
Inactive Account

The effect is really great to capture. It is understandable you didn't want to take your camera out in this kind of weather. I think you did very well with the camera phone. If I were you I would think about adding this one to your New years resolution. I would count it a s using your camera for a shot a day.
very nice work and great subject. You do have a great eye.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David