Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Does UPS Next Day Air make you a priority?

Does having UPS Next Day Air make them ship to your house first in the morning rather than wait until the end of the day to ship to you if you were to choose Ground? Just curious, Thanks.

01-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Does having UPS Next Day Air make them ship to your house first in the morning rather than wait until the end of the day to ship to you if you were to choose Ground? Just curious, Thanks.
I'm pretty sure you have to pay extra for morning delivery.
01-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's a pain ever since I moved to this new area. UPS has always been shipping to my house at around 6-8PM compared to my old location which is a city away where they ship to my old house around 12-3PM. What a big difference!
01-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

From the UPS website--- Next business day delivery by 10:30 a.m., 12:00 noon, or end of day, depending on destination

01-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Yep, it is usually closer to end of the day at a residence. Whatcha waitin' on?
01-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes Next Day Air does give you first priority status. I am reading my tracking right now, it says it should be shipped to my home by 10:30AM tomorrow. Which is rare because it normally says by end of day for Ground. Bulitt_60 I ordered some B+W MRC UV filters to protect my lenses from accidental bumps and scrapes. I also ordered a Pentax padded shoulder strap. All from B&H.
01-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are three versions of next day air: Next Day Air Early AM, Next Day Air, and Next Day Air Saver. The first guarantees delivery by 8:30, the second by 10:30, and the third by 7pm (or whenever their latest delivery could be). So yes, normally using this service prioritizes early delivery unless you go for the cheaper "saver" option.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-04-2013, 03:06 AM   #8
Veteran Member

It's a pain ever since I moved to this new area. UPS has always been shipping to my house at around 6-8PM compared to my old location which is a city away where they ship to my old house around 12-3PM. What a big difference!
Only a big difference if you are waiting on an organ transplant. Seriously, I think the delivery time depends on where the item comes from and where it goes to. Coast to coast and rural delivery before 10.30 is hard to imagine.

Jason
01-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #9

Next business day delivery by 10:30 a.m., 12:00 noon, or end of day + sometimes is 8:30 service available too.