Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shoot a picture, immediately project on big screen, how?

Hi,

Would like to set up a "live slide show", where at one end, there is a "photo booth" where people take photo using a digital camera, and then several seconds later, the photo will appear on a screen through projector (connect through PC). There will be some distance between the camera and PC/Projector such that USB wire is not an option. The projector will loop through all the photos taken continuously (new one first, then randomly). Assuming there is no internet involve but possible to set up local wifi network.

I am thinking that a laptop connect to the camera and send the pics to a local network drive wirelessly, then the PC connect to the projector pull pictures from the network drive and project it. But is there a simpler solution? Is there a program readily available for such? what are the hardware needed?

Thanks,
Lee

01-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

As long as you still have your USB cord PK_Tether (assuming you're shooting with a Pentax DSLR) should do the trick. If you're shooting Canon, they have a free tethering app, and Nikon has one for just over $100 that will work with practically any of their DSLRs.

You could also use an eye-fi card.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam, an eye-fi card + PC w/ simply Windows Photo Gallery might just work. (Create a slide show that updates as I upload | Eye-Fi Support)
I will have to look into how to improve the range though.
01-07-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Eye-Fi card -- you probably need the most expensive version and plenty of time to figure out how to get it set up reliably, but I've heard of several others doing similar at weddings and so forth...

01-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Eye-Fi card -- you probably need the most expensive version and plenty of time to figure out how to get it set up reliably, but I've heard of several others doing similar at weddings and so forth...
Hi, I wanted to do this in a wedding as well.... do you have any experience to share?

Lee
01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Hi, I wanted to do this in a wedding as well.... do you have any experience to share?

Lee
Nope, I was just doing research about how I might take pics with my remote trigger from 20-30 ft away and have the pic sent to my tablet without spending a fortune on some lcd remote view hookup thing. So I've read of people doing that successfully with the eye-fi cards at weddings where they shoot pics and they instantly (more or less) show up on a big monitor connected to a laptop or whatever. No practical experience setting it up as of yet, but sounds workable if you are computer savvy enough to get the apps set-up correctly, etc. It has a "direct mode" where the eye-fi card sets up its own network, and then you connect to that like a hotspot (it has another "via the internet" mode also) with your laptop or phone/tablet and then you use their app to download. Looks like you'd want their "pro x2" card to get all the bells & whistles, and some prep time to get the software straight and practice.