Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hockey anyone?

The lockout is finally over, and we'll be seeing some NHL action soon. Anyone here a hockey fan?

I'm a Canucks fan myself.

So how about them Leafs?

01-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #2

The lockout and resulting negotiations which dragged on needlessly won't endear too many fans. I would like to say I'll boycott watching the games but it's Canada, it's winter, and it's hockey so I'll be there in front of the T.V.. Go Habs!

Regards
01-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Are they adding more playoff teams because of the shortened year? Heck, they already have a lot, so there could be some really bad teams playing in the playoffs this year.
01-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian

SI I think it is picked the Oilers as third best team in the leaque and the Leafs have already fired their GM. If a good product is put on the ice there will be fans. Coach's Corner is the main reason we do NOT have HD TV

01-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Are they adding more playoff teams because of the shortened year? Heck, they already have a lot, so there could be some really bad teams playing in the playoffs this year.
With the shortened season I think the playoffs will be a crapshoot as to who gets in. Hot streaks and cold streaks make even more of a difference now. There is no more "catching up", there is no room for bad games. Every game counts.

A team that probably won't make it into the playoffs in an 82 game schedule might squeak in if they get a hot start and hang on with their fingernails (looking at you Leafs!). Likewise, perennial contenders that can sometimes have slow starts (*cough* Canucks *cough*) could be in trouble if they don't wake up in time.

Should make an exciting season.
01-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm glad they finally got things settled even though I don't watch much NHL. Our Adirondack/Glens Falls Phanotms AHL minor league team wasn't affected and of course, college hockey is huge in upstate NY.
01-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm Australian, and love my hockey. Can't wait for them to start up again. Sad the Winter Classic was a victim.

01-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
The lockout is finally over, and we'll be seeing some NHL action soon. Anyone here a hockey fan?

I'm a Canucks fan myself.

So how about them Leafs?
Lockout is over, and I am happy to see that we'll have a half-season.

By the way, Luongo will likely end up in Toronto ... being replaced by Cory Schneider. A good deal?
Oh, and I saw that the Sedin sisters are back in town there too.
(just joking , I actually like those brothers).

Over here in the East, it is the Habs vs. Maple Leafs on the 19th ... should be good.
Hopefully, the Habs will do a bit better this year.
None of those teams are on my "favorite" list: I have given up on choosing a "fan team" ever since the advent of the "free agent" market ... no more legacy team out there.

And ... I am still waiting for the Nordiques' come back!

JP
01-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Caps! Caps! Caps!
01-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Bettman is a troll. I think he and David Stern should be forced to live in Biosphere 2 together with an underfed pack of wolverines. Now there's a reality TV show I would watch!

I'm one of those people who would love to boycott to avoid putting any more money in his pocket and I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I know the first time the puck drops I'll be back on board.

GO Canucks!