Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How many cameras do you have Adam? (Site Webmaster)

I see the special K10D you selling, would you like to share what you have with us? Any other special ones?
I like hear your story and history on these things.

01-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When the K10D first came out it was a big deal (for me at least), because it launched a crapload of new, innovative features (dust removal, shake reduction, weather-sealing) compared to the *ist series, not to mention the 10 megapixel sensor, which was great to see, because Pentax's first 5 bodies all had the same 6MP sensor. So I went ahead and got my K10D, selling the ist DS2, and was a pretty happy camper. But then the special version came out, and because I liked the K10D so much, I went ahead and secured a copy (directly from Pentax at the time), which I was quite happy about. I never actually used it to shoot, of course, as it was just supposed to be a part of the collection. A few years later the K-7 came out and I also picked up a silver version, which similarly saw no use. And then the K-5 came out, which was of course a pretty big upgrade over the K-7. And to my surprise, Pentax also decided to make a silver version of that one, not once, but twice. This basically caused me to lose interest in these special bodies altogether, not only because they don't retain their value (given the nature of consumer electronics these days), but also because there really isn't anything special about a limited-edition camera if Pentax just keep on re-incarnating it over and over with slight modifications.

With that said I do have quite a large Pentax lens collection with a few gaps, so if anyone has a M 35mm F2.8 or a M 20mm F4, let me know, because those two are missing My favorite film SLR is the Super Program, because of it combines versatility with the classic all-metal body, and my second-favorite is the K1000, because of its simplicity. I'm not too big of a fan certain other cameras which have LEDs and whatnot in their viewfinders (like the ME or the MX), but you've got to have them, or else the collection won't be complete! I don't collect any crop-format lenses, though, as beautiful as some of them may be.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Two k-5's and a lost-in-the garage LX.
01-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is this just addressed to Adam, or can anybody join?
I've got 3 Pentax ( K5, Kx, & wg-2 ). Then about 100 or so antiques in the collection.
Forgot 1. Pentax auto 110