Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome home, best wishes, and thanks again to you and your comrades for your service!
I'd welcome learning about your next assignment if you are allowed to disclose it.

02-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome home and thank you for your service.
03-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome home! Glad you arrived back safe and sound.

And, as ever, great photos.
03-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #19

Thanks.

03-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Thats for the photos, I've looked at every post as they've been posted and they give a very interesting tale. I also have to say I'm very glad you are safe back here.

Thanks for using the forum for posting images and not just arguing about pointless stuff
03-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Heie....Mate, ALL of your posts, photos & descriptions, have been awesome, briliantly worded & informative.
America should be very proud of you.
Thanks for your efforts, in a very "difficult" situation, and I wish you all the very best in your future life.
Cheers, Pickles.
03-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank You Alex!

03-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
superlative series.... really makes us, here at home, 'feel' what you and so many other have endured...
i thank you and your comrades for your service and duty ... dave m
03-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #24

Another great post - thanks so much for sharing with us all.
03-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Yay, I finally had time to read & look at your latest photos.
First, I'm glad to hear you are safely home. Bummer about the computer viruses though!! I hope you can get at least some of your pix back.
I knew the "ok" sign was considered rude in some places, but not sure I knew the translation. Nice that they had a sense of humour about it.
Again, the juxtaposition of photos like the above, showing cooperation & camaraderie among the people, with things like IED damage, which reminds us of the dangers you faced as well, make for some powerful commentary.
The snow is such a contrast to most of your pix we've seen. And I think #14 is cool & creative.
#17... my first thought, as a light sleeper, was "OMG... the snoring that must have gone on in there..."!
I have really enjoyed the commentary, the insights & observations, & the way you throw in evaluation of photo gear & technique as well. I will certainly read the book, if you ever stop long enough to write it!
Best of luck with your SFAS application, and whatever else you do next.
Keep us posted!
03-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #26

Step aside Robert Cappa. GREAT photos and important too. You may not call yourself one, but you ARE a combat photographer. Make more and keep them and publish a book when you return.

When I was "in" salty senior NCO's were the leaders and loved by the men. That SFC is a classic example. Those guys know what they are doing. I was a Marine and then went to the Army too and I miss it, my war, of course, was in the jungle. I'm old now, and decided years ago to pass the baton to you guys. GOOD WORK.

Fantastic photos, well constructed artistic pictures, far from snapshots. Have you shown these to your CO? Your Pentax has done a good job for you. Thanks for taking the effort to post and carry on!