Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nikigunn Quote
If you decide on Yosemite, it isn't too far to drive to some other national parks such as Sequoia and Kings Canyon. If you're going to Yosemite, I like early May because the waterfalls are fullest then and it is just starting to get really busy, not crazy like later in the year. I went to Sequoia before Yosemite this year with a friend from work. After seeing the General Sherman tree, Bill was really disappointed in Yosemite's Mariposa Grove.

If you're going to go to different parks during the trip, you might consider buying an America the Beautiful pass. They're $80 for one year so see if that would be cost effective for your plans. I was surprised to use it at Red Rocks Canyon near Las Vegas this summer, because it didn't occur to me right away that it was a Bureau of Land Managment property, but then 85% of Nevada belongs to the goverment so I should have expected it.
Thanks for the tips!!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
love