Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2008, 03:43 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Sydney meetup?

Considering every meet up in Sydney is dominated by Canon & Nikon, thought it might be good to organise a Sydney meetup considering there seems to be a few of us around now

What do the sydney peeps think?

02-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Forum Member

I like the sounds of that - it's always fun to be out and about with other people who share your love - be it for photography, or a nice cold beer... Plus, I'm hoping to try the 31mm limited so any Sydneysider out there with one... :-)
03-11-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

How could I miss this ... I'd be interested in a meetup.

I know there's another forum for DSLR users .. and they seem a decent bunch (they don't care about brand either) .... I haven't been to one of their meets yet ... but they seem pretty cool people. And there's one new Pentax person there as well.

The problem I have is the time though .. especially with 2 jobs ... and the fact that I live out in the Hawkesbury region ... which is far enough away from the city to prohibit heading in there on a day off (as I work close enough and commute there most days as is).

Anyone have ideas for areas to meet up at????
03-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #4

Depends what we're looking to shoot. From a walkabout perspective, the city offers the best options, such as the Rocks, Darling Harbour, Milson's point, George St, Martin Place, etc.

I'm definitely keen for something though. I'm based in Bondi but mobile with a car so I can get about.

Up in the Hawkesbury area, not quite sure what our options are to be honest, anything you could suggest that would be alright? I've got friends and family in the Hills district and so I'm reasonably familiar with the place, but you're a fair way further up.