Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #1

Who would be interested in a Pentax Forums Decal?

My family owns a Decal and Sign Shop and I had just thought about this. Would anyone be interested? We could even do T-Shirts, Mugs, Hats, etc. Let me know your thoughts.

02-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A Pentax cycling jersey would be HOT! I would wear that often.
02-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
A Pentax cycling jersey would be HOT! I would wear that often.
We even do those! If your interested, PM me!
02-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds great- we already have a shop through cafepress, but their merchandise (especially shirts) aren't high quality.

The only thing I ask is that you refrain from using the PF logo without prior permission.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #5

Original Poster
Adam,
We definitely wouldn't do that! If you all are game for this, we will: A. Beat Cafe Press's Prices, and B. Give PF a portion of the proceeds.

Is this something you all would be ok with?
02-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Yes, we'd be interested, as even without any markup the cafepress prices are a bit high. We used to sell bumper stickers back in 2006 and those were quite a hit- could you make any of those?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #7

Original Poster
Yes! Both full color and diecut. We pretty much do anything that cafepress does, and then some. Even etching for
Glass.

02-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
Forum Member

There's a further challenge for the Pentax Forum's Design a T-shirt competition!
02-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would purchase a high quality T, or 2 with a nice design.
All we need to do is... get OP hooked on LBA and CBA and pretty soon there will be good deals on stuff he sells .
02-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Just thinking out loud here.

Do iron on patches still exist? I could see a site sponsored sale of 3 x 3's for the front of a shirt, cap or jacket. Maybe a larger one that could be applied to shirt or jacket.

I think it could be both promotional and a reward for something.
02-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Colbyt Quote
Just thinking out loud here.

Do iron on patches still exist? I could see a site sponsored sale of 3 x 3's for the front of a shirt, cap or jacket. Maybe a larger one that could be applied to shirt or jacket.

I think it could be both promotional and a reward for something.
They do, but aren't very high quality and fall apart often. We use multiple different methods that all outlast the normal life of a tshirt. We can even do photographs on T-shirts, caps, etc. This method would actually outlast screen printing and are full color.
02-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Hog 4 Quote
There's a further challenge for the Pentax Forum's Design a T-shirt competition!
With the winning design (and their permission of course) we could put them on whatever as well!
02-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I would purchase a high quality T, or 2 with a nice design.
All we need to do is... get OP hooked on LBA and CBA and pretty soon there will be good deals on stuff he sells .
Haha! We can def. supply you with those!
02-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Sounds cool. Personally, I'm not much of one for *wearing* paraphernalia, particularly garish wroting and logos, but, you know, stickers, mugs, maybe camera-bag-sized little notebooks, that sort of thing could be cool.

(Patches of any kind would also make a lot of sense. Pentaxians are a very DIY-oriented and sometimes particular lot: I get the impression lots of us might put the logo on some of our *own* stuff: I can be kind of a tough fit for hats with all this hair, myself. Certainly with ball caps it's a fine line between 'Cute' and 'Making me look 30 IQ points lighter.'

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-28-2013 at 09:05 PM.
02-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #15
Pentaxian

I'd love a Pentax Forums coffee mug, but I'm not wearing a Pentax Forums t-shirt or putting a bumper sticker on my car.