Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 80 Likes Search this Thread
03-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Man, the solid thing I keep around for emergency trade goods but has no battery at the moment is....Not in that league.

03-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I also have a China-made Tourbillon.

Interesting conversation piece when I bought it as they claimed that they were the only company in China capable of making tourbillons at that time. I believe that even now there are only a handful:

03-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Some watch humour on Amazon... read the top 3 reviews :-)

Zenith Men's 96.0529.4035/51.M Defy Xtreme Tourbillon Titanium Chronograph Watch: Watches: Amazon.com
03-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I also have one of these. Good watch for going to clubs as you can easily see it in the dark. Less useful during the day!

03-06-2013, 11:49 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

His and hers. Ten years of tough love. The watches that is

His and hers
03-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
I also have a China-made Tourbillon.

Interesting conversation piece when I bought it as they claimed that they were the only company in China capable of making tourbillons at that time. I believe that even now there are only a handful:

Isn't that using the Seagull tourbillon movement?
03-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Not a very good picture, but a lovely watch
Did you notice that the time on your watch and the 2nd picture of the Citizen directly above it are only precisely 10 seconds apart?

03-07-2013, 06:23 AM   #23
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Seiko dress watch
Interesting choice, but...

I've owned (still do own) a few Seiko's over the years. I unfortunately haven't had much luck with ones which have a gold finish on them While good for collecting and light wearing... I'm typically the kind of person which would eventually damage the finish.

Still a good choice though
03-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I own a few Seikos myself, including an Orange Monster. They've changed the Monster in this past year and have discontinued the original model.

03-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #25
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I own a few Seikos myself, including an Orange Monster
Well it looks as though I've missed the boat on the orange monster. Also if you could please... Happen to have any raw pics of the Seiko watch collection?? I was trying to make out if there were any solar or kinetic models in there. The four eyed ones look interesting as well.

I currently have over 20+ kinetic models; most with a clear backing.

Here's my favorite watch which happens not to be a Seiko. It has an interesting added bonus item besides matching the yellow bee K-01
03-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Well it looks as though I've missed the boat on the orange monster. Also if you could please... Happen to have any raw pics of the Seiko watch collection?? I was trying to make out if there were any solar or kinetic models in there. The four eyed ones look interesting as well.

I currently have over 20+ kinetic models; most with a clear backing.

Here's my favorite watch which happens not to be a Seiko. It has an interesting added bonus item besides matching the yellow bee K-01
No, I'm an Auto guy, so do not own any Solar or Kinetic watches.

I currently own the following Seikos:

SKX009, SKX779 - Black Monster, SKX781 - Orange Monster, Spirit SCVS013 - Blue Spark, Prospex SBDC001, Marvel Gyro SNK809, Military SNZB37K1, 7005-7170R
03-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Interesting choice, but...

I've owned (still do own) a few Seiko's over the years. I unfortunately haven't had much luck with ones which have a gold finish on them While good for collecting and light wearing... I'm typically the kind of person which would eventually damage the finish.

Still a good choice though
It was an impulse buy, as it was on sale at the time. I fell in love with the dark/gold two-tone look, and unfortunately am suffering what you are saying. I'm wearing it very very sparingly because the gold finish around the face is showing quite a few scratches. I still love it a lot, but I'm almost afraid to wear it sometimes.

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I own a few Seikos myself, including an Orange Monster. They've changed the Monster in this past year and have discontinued the original model.
Nice to see you and MFP both have quite a few Seikos. I'm starting to collect a few vintage automatics from Seiko at this time.
03-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Emergency transmitter. Which I heard Breitling reset FOC if used in need.

I have no idea of range though. Low frequency, so should travel far, but also very low power. Probably best when in a liferaft rather than in the forest.
03-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Docwrm: is that orange monster bead blasted?
03-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
It was an impulse buy, as it was on sale at the time. I fell in love with the dark/gold two-tone look, and unfortunately am suffering what you are saying. I'm wearing it very very sparingly because the gold finish around the face is showing quite a few scratches. I still love it a lot, but I'm almost afraid to wear it sometimes.
If you like black/gold and don't like scratches, you could consider a ceramic RADO.