Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
I think both did the wrong thing and why I didn't post a comment before.
The thread should have been locked without comment and the seller contacted.

Adam, who has provided one hell of a great forum for us, made the comment to protect US the user - most probably after a complaint.

The OP who obviously has a problem focusing made a knee-jerk comment after being publicly humiliated. Put yourselves the the same shoes.

I third the motion of limiting the MP to those with a minimum of 3, 6, 9 months of activity NOT the number of posts - I make plenty of "Welcome to the forum posts" and that adds to my numbers.

FINALLY, I suggest the complete deletion of this post.

Awaiting rotted tomatos to come my way.
I agree with all of that...

dave

03-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #17
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
People like this are precisely why I have suggested that selling items in the marketplace be limited to people who ACTUALLY PARTICIPATE in the forums.
Had this been the case, I would have missed out on two absolutely great purchases.

In buying anything via the internet, even from so called reputable dealers, "Caveat Emptor" applies.

Place number of posts or time on forum restrictions, you will effective kill the marketplace.

My .02
03-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nah, it won't kill the marketplace. Off the top of my head, forum.manualfocus.org, 6thgenaccord.com, acurazine.com all have membership time and posts rules in force.

The only thing it kills is the people who sign up, sell, then leave. ebay or Craigslist is the appropriate place for those people.