Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Does anyone else use Google Reader? Alternatives?

I use Google Reader to view posts on Pentax Forums as well as about 25 photography sites and another 25 or so tech/news blogs. Google announced yesterday that they were shutting down the site, probably hoping people will move to Google+. They have already migrated my PicasaWeb photos to Google+,

I would be interested in hearing what RSS readers others might be using.

Thanks.

Official Google Reader Blog: Powering Down Google Reader

Google Reader shutting down on July 1 - CNN.com

03-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have switched over to feedly and getting used to it. It can be configured to work similar to Google Reader; in some ways it's better in some ways it's less efficient. It will sync with your Google Reader now and will be copied over to their server when Google shuts it down.
03-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I have been using Google Reader for years. I probably get 200 articles a day on average. I just switched to Feedly (app for Chrome and Android) a few weeks ago and really like the feed.
03-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

As it isn't the first time Google has pulled a stunt like that, I've lost complete faith in the services of that company, and have for a long time simply not used Google products.

Before anybody says "you get what you pay for, and Google offers their products for free, so shut up!", you pay dearly to google by "giving up your privacy and your information" so that they can sell adds.

Back on topic, I simply use RSS readers for reading RSS feeds, and I avoid entirely any RSS readers that offer "sync your subscriptions via GoogleReader".