Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Very funny restaurant review - and I'm going for dinner there tonight!

“Please take his Italian passport away !!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

It is incredible , never had a worse dinner in my life , and I wasn't expecting to be in one Italian restaurant .... This place is a real insult to all the people who work hard everyday promoting the real Italian way of cooking , they should ban the owner to use anything that recall Italy even though he is Italian I heard.

FOOD : terrible , even worse then terrible , really ! Believe me , this is not the place where to have good food in general , not just Italian one . Starter : something that was supposed to be a pizza or a bruschetta or what ?? The result was just a terrible small-hard shoe sole , if you throw it to feed the pigeons in Piazza San Marco in Venice , they will all migrate forever to another city .

Then the Carpaccio di carne : if I was the cow I would be so angry to discover that I gave my life to finish in a dish so poorly done ! How can you go wrong doing a dish with raw flesh? tasteless , way too thick , Horrible oil and even more horrible cheese to garnish the dish . My condolences to the poor cow , you should have lived till 100 years !

Pasta : never ever had such a "schifezza" (disgusting) in my entire life ! Had the idea to order the Spaghetti alla bottarga (salted mullet role) : spaghetti clearly overcooked , well let's say roasted , because they were passed for way too much time in the hot oil with garlic . So , stone spaghetti , tasting just of garlic and the bottarga ?

Main course : fish . I do not want to describe what arrived on the table , I just want to try to forget if possible .

And , the dessert ? Well , needless to say that it was the gran FINALE !! They asked me if I wanted a Italian coffee but we just left without it , I didn't want to cry at the table , I couldn't take anything more from there .

Never ever in my life and possibly also in the next one will come back to this place .

If you have anyone you really hate , buy a voucher for a dinner here and send them in a anonymous letter : the revenge is a dish which need to be served cold . Here is the rite place .

03-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
I'm going for dinner there tonight!
The question has got to be why?

Not the greatest place to eat by this account.
03-25-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

The restaurant isn't Red Rosa, is it?
03-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like a place here in Metro Atlanta. I wrote a review and the owner replied with complete drivel. I went to another Italian restr. about 4 miles away and had an amazing evening with wonderful food and better service. No pretense at the 2nd place but the first place the owner went on, and on, and on about all his visits to Italy. I can't understand how he could have visited Italy so many times and only eaten at McDonald's when there. Just amazing.

Enjoy your night out........

03-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sounds like a place here in Metro Atlanta. I wrote a review and the owner replied with complete drivel. I went to another Italian restr. about 4 miles away and had an amazing evening with wonderful food and better service. No pretense at the 2nd place but the first place the owner went on, and on, and on about all his visits to Italy. I can't understand how he could have visited Italy so many times and only eaten at McDonald's when there. Just amazing.

Enjoy your night out........
Could you share with those of us in the Atlanta area?
03-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Could you share with those of us in the Atlanta area?
A little far north for you but, Ok.

I like Tuscany Tuscany Italian Restaurant
I do not like Vingenzo's Pasta & Pizzeria | Woodstock, GA

In my opinion:
The first one has solid Italian food, great atmosphere, and no one trying to tell you what you should like or what the food is supposed to be.
The second one is ALL pretense, even if they won a James Beard Award. The "Chef" teaches at a local tech school and all too often students are in the kitchen (mostly betting C's and D's IMHO)
03-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
A little far north for you but, Ok.

I like Tuscany Tuscany Italian Restaurant
I do not like Vingenzo's Pasta & Pizzeria | Woodstock, GA

In my opinion:
The first one has solid Italian food, great atmosphere, and no one trying to tell you what you should like or what the food is supposed to be.
The second one is ALL pretense, even if they won a James Beard Award. The "Chef" teaches at a local tech school and all too often students are in the kitchen (mostly betting C's and D's IMHO)
Thanks! We have children in that area, and its good to know places to try, and places to avoid!

03-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
I'm going for dinner there tonight!
So? How was it?

Pat
03-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
So? How was it?

Pat
It was surprisingly un-terrible. Not great by any means, but OK.

I had a few glasses of wine before I went out (in a taxi, of course!) and then a few more with the meal, so that helped!
03-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
The question has got to be why?

Not the greatest place to eat by this account.
I was invited, and had already accepted.

It seemed poor form to then decline after reading the reviews!
03-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
Thanks! We have children in that area, and its good to know places to try, and places to avoid!
Tuscany is on a hill with the best view of Woodstock around. Food varies from good to great. Deserts are excellent. Atmosphere is good with average to excellent service. There are Groupons every few months that go for 50%, that makes trying it easier too.