Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Thank you everyone for the incredible support! Doc, appreciate going to bat for me amongst the comments, and any others of you if you used a name I did not recognize. I just know Doc was quite diligent in his defense, and for that I am very appreciative.

Behind that - I actually am the one that contacted PetaPixel to see if they would be interested in featuring the year in review now that it was complete and I felt it was deserving of being there It wasn't until after that I remembered that they might not know who I was, yet they featured me before without me having *anything* to do with forwarding my work to them, which I had wished in retrospect to have included the weather sealing video to help them draw the connection. It wasn't until I saw the site did I realize they went the extra mile and not only featured the video, but also the handheld stability guide of which I had completely forgotten about.

And then, when I thought today couldn't get any better, I receive a pm from Adam with the following message attached:

I just got off the phone with her and she is sending me an email with all the details. Out of curiosity I asked how she became aware of me and my photographs and it was her supervisor that caught wind of my work ala PetaPixel, and then after coming to PF to visit the Year in Review, told her to get a hold of me.

Today is a great day.

Again, THANK YOU!

-Heie

Heie,

You are most welcome. Again, thank you for your service to our Country.

Just have to say this - CBS is the Big Time media and you need to check with your Chain to make certain that you may speak to them without any repercussions to you.

Best of Luck and thank you for doing Pentax's marketing job for them!

-Robert

04-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats, Alex!
04-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
Veteran Member

A recognition well deserved.
04-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #19

Congratulations on the recognition!

04-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Way cool on getting the recognition! Hopefully higher brass will be OK with your "work" time photos going public on the news!

Jim (I wish I had made the time to take more photos when I was over in Korea, and I sure wish I had your ability behind the lens :-) )
04-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
smf
Pentaxian

Congratulations and best wishes!
Stu
04-03-2013, 09:14 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Congrats and awesome work! If there is a next time, and I truly hope there isn't, please don't use your iPhone.

04-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #23
Veteran Member

And there was an excellent 4 page article in the 23rd February edition of "Amateur Photographer", which I thought had a USA edition ? Despite it's name, Amateur Photographer is the only decent photography magazine around, and Alexander Jansen's is far from amateur.
Well done, the recognition is earned and deserved.
04-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
C!T magazine also carrie his article in both the German- and English-language issue across multiple pages, beautifully printed. Have it at the office.

Alex, you just sit back and enjoy the ride!