Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Gentec Plus Sigma Wireless Flash = A+

Last Friday I dropped my Sigma EF-500 Super flash off at Gentec in Markham, Ontario to have it flashed so that I could use the wireless flash capabilities on my K10D.

I didn't have my original purchase invoice with me but I promissed to fax it in on Monday morning, which I did. To my utter and complete surprise, I received the flash back on Tuesday! Gentec had it at my doorstep 24 hours after servicing the flash unit... now THAT's service.

Here's a VERY quick snap I did to test my newly acquired wireless flash capability:

My son: Sigma 17-70 and Sigma flash in wireless mode (the pre-flash caused him to blink - but I caught him in time)

Here's a 100% crop...

I realize that some of you are yawning right now, but I am absolutely blown away by the amount of detail side lighting can capture - which is now possible with my newly flashed flash.

Highly recommended!

- Andrew

03-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have had the same kind of service from them. If you could get that kind of service everywhere, there would be only happy customers. I can't recommend Gentec enough. Really fist class service.
03-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not bad photo's Andrew, I've been playing with side lighting for about a month now.

The fact that I use a Sigma camera for events says a lot about Gentec. We usually (but not always) have to pay more than we would south of the border, but you just know that we'll get good service.