Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2013, 02:07 PM - 5 Likes   #1

Is this us ?

This may have been seen before. I think it is funny, but perhaps there is a grain of truth hidden inside.

LensRentals.com - Hammerforum.com

Richard.

04-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think, Richard, that it's ALL of us.

We are all different, and that's what makes us the same.
04-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice find, chuckle worthy.
04-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Brilliant! It's amusing how accurate this is. (For here and several other non-photography forums...)

04-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I haven't seen that, but now I am glad I did

And that is just like any forum, cameras, cars, guns, engineering, etc.
04-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

His only fault is that he thinks the behavior is limited to photography forums. There are watch forums that make this place look like Ms. Manner's School for Little Girls when it comes to personal attacks, vigorous positioning and posturing, etc.

Also, one difference I can see between cameras and non-electronics is that electronics do evolve rather quickly and innovation is common and sometimes racing forward - where some other areas change is slow.
04-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Hilarious blog post! I love it!

04-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Funny I liked the P.S. . I should have seen that coming
04-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very, very good!
04-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
His only fault is that he thinks the behavior is limited to photography forums. There are watch forums that make this place look like Ms. Manner's School for Little Girls when it comes to personal attacks, vigorous positioning and posturing, etc.

Also, one difference I can see between cameras and non-electronics is that electronics do evolve rather quickly and innovation is common and sometimes racing forward - where some other areas change is slow.
About half way through it says this (yea I did read half way through, its kind of funny).

Author’s note: This little post got a lot more attention than I had expected. The most interesting thing to me is that it’s now been reposted to forums involving gun collecting, coffee tasting, audiophiles, automobiles, computer programming, videography, racing bicycles, and (I should have known) various tools. All of whom identified with it. So I guess I learned today that it isn’t just photographers who act like we act. Apparently it’s people.
04-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He hit the nail on the head! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
04-16-2013, 04:42 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ripit Quote
About half way through it says this (yea I did read half way through, its kind of funny).

Author’s note: This little post got a lot more attention than I had expected. The most interesting thing to me is that it’s now been reposted to forums involving gun collecting, coffee tasting, audiophiles, automobiles, computer programming, videography, racing bicycles, and (I should have known) various tools. All of whom identified with it. So I guess I learned today that it isn’t just photographers who act like we act. Apparently it’s people.
I thought it odd that it took a large response from readers for him to realize that such behavior is not limited to photography forums. Plus, that is a darn nice hammer - if only they made it in blue, I heard that it's been released in blue in Japan - so why not here?
04-16-2013, 06:17 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Plus, that is a darn nice hammer - if only they made it in blue, I heard that it's been released in blue in Japan - so why not here?
Yeah, why don't we get the coloured hammers!?
04-16-2013, 06:21 AM - 2 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

And when do we get a FF hammer? WHEN???
04-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #15
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Spencer Quote
Is this us ?
Aye, the truth is out there and we're not alone.