Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry for the post I made.

I see I caused thread lock downs I sure this one may be as well, I just want make clear my post for what annoys you was not to take attack on my grammar, it was meant to be for fun in general.
It did not go as I thought it would. It totally backfired to what I was thinking.

It was to be where we each choose something that bothers us without pointing out flaws in each other.

Last edited by Pentaxguy22; 05-04-2013 at 04:25 PM.
05-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yep. I vented about something that annoys me and was cautioned for it because it was misinterpreted as an attack on you, which it wasn't (hope you didn't feel that way). If it were an attack on you, you'd have know about it.

I also learned another difference between British English and American English.
05-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

That sucks the big lemon! A controversy was going on somewhere here and I missed it! My apologies, I'm not as quick or as observant as I once was!
Regards! ....feel free to continue on with whatever it was, I'll try my best to catch up!
05-04-2013, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done, gents!

05-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's okay everyone I know my English is not good, but it's a problem I have but I never meant for it to go there I did not know so many people would be bothered by it and just go along with me.
05-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Once again, my regrets that I missed the action in that controversial thread. Being from Texas, where we are undoubtedly the world's masters of the English language, I am sure I could have made a significant contribution. Reckun?

Anyhow again.....The subject matter of the thread was what caught my attention more than the bickering about language.....I can't understand half of what Mrs Rupert says, and the other half I try not to hear, but I don't hold it against her, nor do I hold language barriers against anyone making an effort to try their English here. Few were fortunate enough to be born in Texas....I realize that!

I had this friend...we'll call him Tony, 'cause that was his name. He was born in a place not known to produce the sharpest tacks in the box......I won't a say where, you know old Rupert sure doesn't want to start any wars or step on any toes! Old Tony was at the hardware store one day in his new pick 'em up truck getting a few supplies for Spring cleaning and yard work around the house. He had left the windows cracked because it is as hot as hell in Texas, and when he got in it to leave the damn thing was full of flies. He drove a couple of miles with the windows down to try and blow them out, but a few were pros and knew how to ride out the wind and hang on. Old Tony didn't have a lot of patience, and he became dang agitated, so he pulled out a bug bomb from his sack of purchases and rolled up all the windows. Set the damn thing off and kept driving. The found him at the corner of Hwy 51 an Hwy 144 wrapped around a big Mesquite tree, half alive, powder all over him white as snow from the air bag explosion, a strong odor from the insecticide, and a fly on his nose. They ended up charging him with DUI...under the influence of insecticide. He lost his license for six months, paid a large fine, and his truck was a total loss.

So, in closing, it could be worse. Sometimes I just let the flies fly, and when I get the urge to take some terminal action, I always think of old Tony.

Best Regards!

Last edited by Tom S.; 05-05-2013 at 10:09 AM.
05-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Once again, my regrets that I missed the action in that controversial thread. Being from Texas, where we are undoubtedly the world's masters of the English language, I am sure I could have made a significant contribution. Reckun?

Anyhow again.....The subject matter of the thread was what caught my attention more than the bickering about language.....I can't understand half of what Mrs Rupert says, and the other half I try not to hear, but I don't hold it against her, nor do I hold language barriers against anyone making an effort to try their English here. Few were fortunate enough to be born in Texas....I realize that!

I had this friend...we'll call him Tony, 'cause that was his name. He was born in a place not known to produce the sharpest tacks in the box......I won't a say where, you know old Rupert sure doesn't want to start any wars or step on any toes! Old Tony was at the hardware store one day in his new pick 'em up truck getting a few supplies for Spring cleaning and yard work around the house. He had left the windows cracked because it is as hot as hell in Texas, and when he got in it to leave the damn thing was full of flies. He drove a couple of miles with the windows down to try and blow them out, but a few were pros and knew how to ride out the wind and hang on. Old Tony didn't have a lot of patience, and he became dang agitated, so he pulled out a bug bomb from his sack of purchases and rolled up all the windows. Set the damn thing off and kept driving. The found him at the corner of Hwy 51 an Hwy 144 wrapped around a big Mesquite tree, half alive, powder all over him white as snow from the air bag explosion, a strong odor from the insecticide, and a fly on his nose. They ended up charging him with DUI...under the influence of insecticide. He lost his license for six months, paid a large fine, and his truck was a total loss.

So, in closing, it could be worse. Sometimes I just let the flies fly, and when I get the urge to take some terminal action, I always think of old Tony.

Best Regards!
Thanks for the post, made me grin.
To the OP. I think your posts were just fine and I did not find them offensive. Then again, I am not one of the privileged, proper american speaking folks, so... YMMW.

« shipping | T-shirt »