Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Amazon warehouse deals

Anyone order anything from them? They generally have 2 condition levels, Very Good, which lists that it has cosmetic imperfections, and Like New, which doesn't exactly state a descriptive condition. I wonder if the Like New are items are from people decide they don't want and send back, having already opened them. Very good seem like items returned for cosmetic reasons but still function properly.

I was wondering if anyone ordered a very good or like new product from the Amazon Warehouse Deals. Their feedback of 93% isn't very good.

05-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Warehouse Deals items are indeed priced attractively, often half-price.
Two items I ordered have arrived while I've been away in training,
a Domke bag in Good condition and a table lamp in Like New condition.
I'll look them over on my return home next weekend and post again.

Chris
05-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They have a 30 day warranty/return period, so if it arrived any you aren't happy with the condition you could always return it. Some of the warehouse stuff is just returns that the packaging has been opened.
05-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
K-9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Electronics basket is another amazon seller that has great Pentax prices on new items, but I've heard they are gray market.

I am assuming amazon warehouse items are usa, but minus a warranty because they are considered used.

05-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Electronics Basket has a bad reputation for sending items minus normal parts but not happening to mention that in their ad (like lenses that come with a hood but there isn't one in the deal from them) and a number of members here have had to send items back or request a partial refund from Amazon because of EB's shenanigans.

Amazon Warehouse is Amazon's way of selling items returned to Amazon. I have a Manfrotto 055XPROB that normally sells on sale for $150ish and I got it for $61 out the door. It had one, very small, scratch but came with all packaging and was fully functional. I've gotten other items like the short center column for that tripod for $11.50 out the door and it goes for $29 normally. As has been mentioned, they have a 30 day return policy and its typical Amazon generous. So, I've taken a few chances with them and so far have not been disappointed.
05-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Amazon Warehouse is basically items that were returned. A lot of times the items marked "like new" will usually be in their original box with all original accessories and packaging.

Legally retail vendors are not allowed to sell any returned items as new, so that is where Amazon Warehouse comes in. When someone returns an item to Amazon, there is a page with a short form asking if the item is being returned because it is defective, or the item is fine and the purchaser is returning it because they changed their mind for whatever reason. It is impossible for Amazon to physically check every item that is returned - so if an item is actually defective, but the return form says it is not defective, it may very well end up in the warehouse deals. A little bit of a chance, but Amazon's return policy is great so you really aren't taking that much of a chance.

Myself - I don't avoid Amazon Warehouse at all. The only thing to remember, if say you are buying a camera, that the original manufacturer's warranty is gone. For an item like that, you have to weigh the difference in price against the fact that you don't get a warranty.
05-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
K-9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
When something is sold as a "fulfilled by Amazon" I believe it means the seller has to ship it to Amazon, so you would think that if an Electronics Basket item is "fulfilled" by Amazon, that a new items means a new in the box item. Although, I doubt Amazon will be taking the time to check inside every box to ensure everything is there, so there still could be missing items. I think it's easier to return a "fulfilled by Amazon" item than an outright sale through a 3rd party, as Amazon is ultimately responsible for helping with the refund as they shipped it.

05-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Domke small messenger bag ("Good" condition) appears brand new.

The "Like New" lamp was perfect except for the craft paper shade.
I popped out a small dent. You can still see it if you look for it.
It's close to the seam, the side normally turned to the wall.

I'm happy with the condition of both items, and I saved 50% plus.

Chris
05-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #9
K-9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think most items are "new" but have been returned by someone for whatever reason. The dent was the obvious reason on the lamp, but who knows about the Domke bag. Someone may have returned it and said a zipper didn't move smoothly enough.
05-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll be returning a second lamp I ordered. It arrived with a more heavily damaged shade.
Fortunately Amazon Warehouse Deals include Free Super Saver shipping and free returns.

Chris
03-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #11

Warehouse SLR order

I ordered a K-50 with 18-135 from the Warehouse, market as Used - Very Good. I can't see any issues with it cosmetically, but was surprised that the shutter count is as high as 963. Saved about 19% on the cost though so once I've given it a thorough testing maybe this is reasonable. The lack is warranty is a bit concerning though.