Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by littleblue81 Quote
How about that finale (boring)? They setup a lot of stuff for next season though so it better be a good one - and more than 10 episodes would be nice.
I wont say boring, because I was a little bit anxious about what was going to happen. But you are right that they setup a lot things for next season. Yes more than 10 episodes will be nice. I meam we have to wait for almost a year. That is really long.

06-11-2013, 03:06 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by littleblue81 Quote
How about that finale (boring)? They setup a lot of stuff for next season though so it better be a good one - and more than 10 episodes would be nice.
I wouldn't call it boring, but compared to the previous episode, it was certainly anticlimactic.
06-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The 4th season is going to have to be split between the last part of A Storm of Swords and A Feast For Crows. A Storm of Swords ends with several cliff hangers and plot twists that aren't resolved or explained until A Dance With Dragons because A Feast For Crows is almost entirely about events in the North, the Eyrie, and Dorne.

A Feast For Crows ends with even more cliffhangers than A Storm of Swords...so much happens in A Dance With Dragons that I really don't think they will fit it into 10 episodes.
06-11-2013, 03:57 AM   #19
Veteran Member

At least Arya got some good licks in!

06-11-2013, 04:25 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
At least Arya got some good licks in!
Indeed! Warrior Princess, that one!
06-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Dune Reborn
06-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #22
Veteran Member

You guys recommend the books, then?
How closely related are the books and show?

06-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mickey Quote
Yes, and pretty close. There are a lot of minor twists left out of the shows, of necessity, but it's pretty well done. Just make damn sure you start at the beginning with book 1 or the rest will be thrown against the wall because you'll have no idea who's doing what to whom... Yes, made the mistake of picking up book 5 or 6 a while back. Did not even finish it (almost unheard of for me). Finally started over at the beginning and loved it...

Jim
06-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Yes, made the mistake of picking up book 5 or 6 a while back. Did not even finish it (almost unheard of for me). Finally started over at the beginning and loved it...

Jim
It would have to have been book 5. I'm still waiting impatiently for book 6...GRRM better not take 5 years to finish it like he did with book 4 & book 5.
06-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just keep in mind that many of the characters are much younger in the books. Sansa is 11 in A Game of Thrones, Daenerys is 13 or 14, Arya is 8...

Reading more than half of A Storm of Swords will spoil at least part of season 4...
02-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
First episode for season 4 is 6th June 2014.

I have been waiting for a long time.
02-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #27
Veteran Member

As I have absolutely no idea what a Game of Thrones is, I shall have to go and Google it.

I thought it was a computer game.

Having read the Wikipedia entry, I'm glad I've never seen it.
02-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm still hoping that GRRM finishes the last 2 books before he dies. His publisher tweeted that Winds of Winter won't be published before 2015.
02-12-2014, 06:13 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Pretty close. They've left out some subplots, consolidated some minor characters and simplified a little, but they are very true to the books. There has been a few changes -- for example, who dies in the Season 3 Episode 9 event the OP was talking about, that will eliminate any future subplots around that person or persons.

Since we know GRRM won't finish the book series at a pace for the show, the fact they've been pretty true to the books makes me feel comfortable about the show setting the tone for the final book(s) instead of the other way around.

For Season 4, I am expecting Episode 1 to kill off a major character, followed by another in Episode 2. They might space it out, or it might be Episode 2 & 3, but the producers have said a LOT of action happens right away in season 4. They don't have to set anything up this season, it's already set.

For heavens sake, nobody just start watching with season 4. You'll be utterly lost.
02-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
Pretty close. They've left out some subplots, consolidated some minor characters and simplified a little, but they are very true to the books. There has been a few changes -- for example, who dies in the Season 3 Episode 9 event the OP was talking about, that will eliminate any future subplots around that person or persons.

Since we know GRRM won't finish the book series at a pace for the show, the fact they've been pretty true to the books makes me feel comfortable about the show setting the tone for the final book(s) instead of the other way around.

For Season 4, I am expecting Episode 1 to kill off a major character, followed by another in Episode 2. They might space it out, or it might be Episode 2 & 3, but the producers have said a LOT of action happens right away in season 4. They don't have to set anything up this season, it's already set.

For heavens sake, nobody just start watching with season 4. You'll be utterly lost.
Good thing that GRRM contributes to the TV series.

I find it surprising, and disturbing, that so many people can watch the TV show and not read the frigging books. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe event X occurred!" "Yeah, readers have known that for the last 5 years..."