Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2014, 06:37 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
For me I have decided never to read a book before a movie or show. It ruins the surprise for me. Sure reading a book is always better as your own imagination is at play.

I read the Lords of the ring "The two towers" before the going to see it as people recommended to do so. I have to say I didnt enjoy the movie when it showed. But to each their own.

02-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I find it surprising, and disturbing, that so many people can watch the TV show and not read the frigging books. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe event X occurred!" "Yeah, readers have known that for the last 5 years..."
So many people don't read books at all. TV is passive entertainment; books require the use of your brain and imagination. Some people just want to be entertained. To each their own.

GoT has been a huge crossover hit. Lots of people who are not into fantasy watched the shows and are now learning the genre is not all unicorns and fairies and Lord of the Rings.
04-16-2014, 01:37 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Did anybody expect what happened in episode 2.

I suspected this will happen at the end of the season. WOW!
04-16-2014, 02:53 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It came as a shock to me, but I loved it :-)

---------- Post added 16-04-14 at 07:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
For me I have decided never to read a book before a movie or show. It ruins the surprise for me. Sure reading a book is always better as your own imagination is at play.

I read the Lords of the ring "The two towers" before the going to see it as people recommended to do so. I have to say I didnt enjoy the movie when it showed. But to each their own.
I can just about quote the complete works of Tolkein verbatim, but I still have absolutely loved the the films.

On the other hand, I got into GoT before I knew of the books, and reading them now would detract from the excitement I get watching each episode knowing anything could happen. I will wait until it's all done.

04-16-2014, 03:15 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Me too. I am not going to read the books till the whole thing is over.

It was a shock to me too. I hated that bastard.

Every time he came on screen I wanted to strangle him.

Talk about good acting huh.

Season 4 is not going to be boring at all.
04-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I just wish Jaime had revealed to Joffrey that he was his real father before he died... so he'd have died knowing he wasn't the legitimate king (not really being Robert's son).

I too am waiting to read the books until after the show is over. Although I may read the first 2 books soon since they've already been covered.

Mike
04-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #37
Veteran Member

I actually thought it would be the opener episode of the season since they didn't really have material to cover until the wedding. First episode was a bit uneventful aside from Arya learning she likes to kill people.

The rest of the season should be the fallout from the wedding, Bran getting into position, Daenerys getting into position, some of the Reek/Thejon storyline and probably the relocation of a certain character which really puts that person into position to move ahead, too. That relocation might be the last episode of the season. (Although the undeath of a certain character might be the season cliffhanger instead. Or both.)

I saw they got renewed for season 5 & 6. Those can't possibly follow the books since book 5 is one set of characters and book 6 another set over the same time period. That might shake things up for those of us who've read the books!

04-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
I saw they got renewed for season 5 & 6. Those can't possibly follow the books since book 5 is one set of characters and book 6 another set over the same time period. That might shake things up for those of us who've read the books!
Not to mention GRRM hasn't finished book 7 6 yet...and there's another book after that. If GRRM lives that long...

Last edited by boriscleto; 04-16-2014 at 12:46 PM.
04-16-2014, 11:33 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Actually, books 4 & 5 take place at the same time following different sets of characters. The current tv season covers the end of book 3 and probably some from 4 & 5. Book 6 is still not finished (last rumor I saw was it might be out the end of 2015.)
04-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #40
Veteran Member

You are correct, I had the book numbers wrong, and book #7 is the last one. (Unless he changes his mind.)

GRRM doesn't seem to be in any immediate danger of keeling over, and the producers know all the important bits planned to the end of the series. I am sure the TV series will overtake the books. GRRM seems to be incapable of sitting down and writing to a deadline, he flits here and there and works on other stuff; obviously it's what works for him but I am glad I'm not his editor or publisher trying to cope.
04-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Definitely didn't see it coming, but he deserved what happened lol. I just hope that Tyrion doesn't get blamed for it (I somehow doubt it but you never know with this show).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Definitely didn't see it coming, but he deserved what happened lol. I just hope that Tyrion doesn't get blamed for it (I somehow doubt it but you never know with this show).
04-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Couldn't have said it better myself.
04-17-2014, 07:06 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Ohhhh it's a pretty good bet that Tyrion is going to be blamed and raked over the coals... figuratively and maybe literally. There are several 4th season teasers that show him in what appears to be a court docket. Of course that's what he gets for being the only "good" Lannister.
05-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Can't wait to see what happens tonight. I saw a shirt online that said, "If Tyrion dies, we riot!" I need to get one.

FYI - I read that Jack Gleeson, the actor playing Joffrey announced his retirement from acting shortly after completing GOT.