Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
And She's Even Pentax Green...LOL (sort of NSFW)

Every Summer we have relatives who descend upon us. As usual when they come I have to do a shizload of extra work, cleaning and so forth, and generally put up with people I don't hardly even know and would rather not see just to keep the peace around here. Usually I get bribed with a gently used Tonner for doing all of this crap. This year I decided upon something a bit more fun.

This is Green Annie a lower end BJD that I special ordered from a BJD company called Mirodoll. She's much bigger, like 24" but she cost about the same as a used Tonner and I particularly asked they they try to hit this particular shade of green, a color they had not made before. It is now on their official list of colors they will make. Me, I think it's Kelly green, but it's also Pentax green or pretty darned close to it so I thought you folks would be amused to see her. Excuse her nudity and the crappy photography. This is just the quick shot they sent me to show me what she looks like. The real doll will be here sometime this week and I will take proper pics of her as soon as I get her together with a wig, some eyes and some clothes.

This girl? She's about the right size I think for one of those Pentax key chains they make so I am going to get her a K5 one, make her a T-shirt that says "Be Different" and send her to the folks at Pentax as a joke. If this isn't the most perfect example of "brand loyalty" then I don't know what is! :P Actually I am kidding. Green is my favorite color, almost every shade thereof and I've always wanted a big BJD in green.

If I could? I'd order my K-5II in this color. But still I think they will like her, and no, Pentax red was not really possible. That shade of red would be a disaster for them to try to make and I would hate it besides. They can make red BJD's but that color would be very, very difficult, and I prefer the green. Annie is going to be my official business mascot. You'll be seeing a fair amount of her I would think. I intend to have a lot of fun messing around with her and taking her weird places to photograph her.

Last edited by magkelly; 05-20-2015 at 10:47 AM.
06-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Annie is going to be my official business mascot. You'll be seeing a fair amount of her I would think. I intend to have a lot of fun messing around with her and taking her weird places to photograph her.
Umm... this can be addictive. And people will look at you funny! My little mascot is now making movies... She is only 4" tall so it's easier to sneak her into places for photos!
Have fun!
(She's awfully green. )
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio RS1500  Photo 
06-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Meh - fake boobs.

Alleycat is right. On a recent trip to GB, one couple in our tour group bought their grand children a couple of stuffed bears, then spent the rest of the trip taking pictures of the bears everywhere we stopped. So no only did the kids get the bears and their travel history, but the couple had a ball picking out different place to put the bears to take their pictures.
06-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, she does have some interesting cleavage, doesn't she? But that's one of the reasons I got her. I'm making corsets to sell for dolls like these and I needed a model who was this size and um, blessed? Such bodacious boobage is pretty common when it comes to BJD's and if you're building corsets to sell it does help if your model has something to hold them up with. :P

06-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alliecat Quote
Umm... this can be addictive. And people will look at you funny! My little mascot is now making movies... She is only 4" tall so it's easier to sneak her into places for photos!
Have fun!
She's CUTE!!!!
06-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As Kermit said - "It's not easy being green."
06-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Aww, my favorite frog.... :P Total Kermit fan here, and Piggy too actually. Speaking of which you just reminded me of my long lost huge 4.5 foot tall plush Kermit. I lost it when I moved back cross country and the movers lost the box. I was so PISSED. I had that frog since I was 5 1/2. I got him on a school trip where I met some of the people from Sesame Street that worked for Jim Henson and I'm pretty sure he wasn't a for sale plush, but some kind of one off TV studio promo toy because I have never seen another one that big. I totally, totally loved him. He was in pristine condition. I suppose I could buy a 22" one but somehow it just would not be the same as my beloved near life sized Kermie, sigh. I try very hard not to hate people but the FOOL who "lost" my Kermie, I could just send him or her straight to everlasting perdition as my Gran used to say....

06-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
... On a recent trip to GB, one couple in our tour group bought their grand children a couple of stuffed bears, then spent the rest of the trip taking pictures of the bears everywhere we stopped. So no only did the kids get the bears and their travel history, but the couple had a ball picking out different place to put the bears to take their pictures.
I bet the kids were delighted. And I admire "older" people who have not lost their sense of fun.
I know of a somewhat scary-looking & tattoo-laden sailor (actually a pretty amiable guy) whose teddy bear goes on all his travels & gets photographed having adventures.
This is a good project to do with kids too, if you have them. Let them bring a favourite doll or stuffed animal on an outing, or set up something around the house, & do a photo shoot or make a little video.

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
She's CUTE!!!!
Yeah, I'm not a doll collector but when I saw her I couldn't resist.
Heh, maybe there should be a dolls & stuffed animals photo thread!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio RS1500  Photo 
06-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
She was due on Weds, but now she's due on Friday around 4:30 supposedly. But right now she's still in China. She's been through 4 stops in Hong Kong so far. Looks like she's taking the scenic route, sigh. I do like being able to track her but it's kind of nerve wracking too. She's my first really big BJD and I'm nervous about her being shipped from so far away. I've really been wanting a big girl and she's green which I love, but I'll feel better when I know she's here and fully intact.